Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Euro is suppressed. Mets... do we have any threats on the horizon ?

Nothing directly track-able... no. 

Beyond, with the EPO ridge breaking down and some arguments from the GEFs and EPS  for a +PNA, that does represent a regime/pattern change... to what, as of right now, winter enthusiasts are being boned by the Euro/GGEM operational runs. The GFS, on the other hand, tries at 500 mb to stretch the flow and extend impulses more east toward the NE coast in the means, but it's not clear if that would even parlay toward winter enthusiast hopes and dreams.  Regardless of any daily results... either camp could also merely be playing into their own respective biases: the former tends to curl systems west in deeper middle/extended ranges; the GFS tends toward flatter appeals... 

In other words, a big puddle of possibilities in a somewhat changed regime.   That's about it ... for now.  

A couple days ago, said change appeared (also) to be accompanied by "relaxation" as an overall complexion - which would be an improvement for slower bigger events/winter enthusiasts appeals... however late in the season and/or getting it in under the wire that may be.  What's interesting about that ... if you're still reading beyond this point ... is that March usually does begin to see transition to a more "nebular" look, anyway.  The timing of that of course varies year to year ... some years it's straight away...other years the ides... other years the Equinox and so on... I've seen it wait until May before.   So, it's hard to really separate if it's just seasonal change beginning to make an appearance in these operational runs ... or if it's coincidentally just a systemic change.  Probably both and impossible to separate ... 

Either way, that relaxed thing is ...heh, so-so... It's just not clear whether the look is establishing continuity... It's a fluid situation

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Euro is suppressed. Mets... do we have any threats on the horizon ?

In an hour or two Scoot's elation about getting a foot and a half of snow will wane and he will be in here responding to your posts with umbrella emojis. 

I think we have a shot at one more advisory event, just need things to break right in the next 7-10 days. 

• Haha 1

march will be snowy  we are done yet another two big snowstorms to come in march  those that just look at models well i dont . i know what can happen . no warm up until april this march for sne area or i 95 . i still expect a blizzard to come . i dont change my forecast every model run many did this weekend did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, blizzard24 said:

march will be snowy  we are done yet another two big snowstorms to come in march  those that just look at models well i dont .   i know what can happen . no warm up until april this march for sne area or i 95 . i still expect a blizzard to come . i dont change my forecast every model run many did this weekend did.

This can happen -  :weenie:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Long range doesn't exactly look warm as we head through mid-month.  Honestly if it's not going to snow lets just go warmer and drier, well below average temps interspersed with cutters does not interest me in the least.

I could go for a week of 45° and sun...a steady melt where we evaporate the meltwater as we go. Good tree tappin weather too.

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Long range doesn't exactly look warm as we head through mid-month.  Honestly if it's not going to snow lets just go warmer and drier, well below average temps interspersed with cutters does not interest me in the least.

It does have that look of cold, sunny days for like 3-4 day stretches at a time.