Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Prob not as amped as the Euro though....it's dragging its heels with the southern energy.

I was just comparing the east coast heights/thicknesses around 66hr in the wake of Saturday. Not as much of a cold push behind it compared to 6z. But yeah...seeing the H5 maps for 78-84 now. Not euro amped, but it's probably a moot point discussing 84hr NAM synoptics.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I think its the other way around the more amped saturday is, The flatter Monday would be and vice versa.

I don't think that's necessarily true. This run gets precip more north Saturday, but it looks a bit weaker compared to 6z and doesn't push the BZ as far south in its wake.

Just now, dendrite said:

I don't think that's necessarily true. This run gets precip more north Saturday, but it looks a bit weaker compared to 6z and doesn't push the BZ as far south.

In that regard then probably not, If it remained weak, But i hate even discussing the Nam at long range or even short range in some cases..........lol

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

In that regard then probably not, If it remained weak, But i hate even discussing the Nam at long range or even short range in some cases..........lol

I mean in theory it makes sense, but it doesn't always work that way. There's different reasons why models bump QPF to the north sometimes. The shortwave could be trending north, the model could be handling mid level lift better, or the system could be trending stronger/more amplified. But yeah, late portion of the NAM always deserves the lol's.

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Not sure who you believed for last night but we had c-1” from the get go. Filter out the fake news and reality becomes clearer.

Yeah, I am surprised I even woke up with what I had this morning. 2-4 inches Friday night, I might as well break out the snowblower....

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I never expected more than an inch, I’m just making the point that at least here, the short range and last minute trends have been a disaster virtually every time. 

Upton had my likely snowfall 4" 36 hours before the start...with the snow googles off, I could only see us getting an inch

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I never expected more than an inch, I’m just making the point that at least here, the short range and last minute trends have been a disaster virtually every time. 

It’s been a brutal season, no doubt....but this one keeps creeping up as we get closer. Euro will either confirm or deny trends so we can lock it up one way or another.