Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, powderfreak said:

1969's record has everyone in SNE on the edge of their seat for sure, :lol:.

It's a good thing to make fun of though, I certainly wouldn't give a shit if I were you guys, ha.

Today's reading is 2nd highest snowpack reading ever for the date, only a half a foot below 1969.

Until I see any other model show anything remotely close to that, we toss.

Fits the pattern. Congrats.

1969's record has everyone in SNE on the edge of their seat for sure, :lol:.

It's a good thing to make fun of though, I certainly wouldn't give a shit if I were you guys, ha.

Today's reading is 2nd highest snowpack reading ever for the date, only a half a foot below 1969.

Until I see any other model show anything remotely close to that, we toss.

It’s uncanny how one over amped Euro op run obviously wrong just sets the melts in motion. Scooter starts it and his emotional posts set the others falling like dominoes 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Fits the pattern. Congrats.

See I think the pattern has changed.  It's not a storm with mid-levels way west... I definitely get why it sucks to see but I don't see why this couldn't stay south and more progressive.  The EURO is much different than the GFS/GGEM/ICON/FV3 with that.

Though I will say that Euro snow map has panned out almost exactly like that a couple times so far this season, but it doesn't seem like the same pattern we were in.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Not ready to buy something that amped yet.

It's definitely an outlier but it should be noted that other guidance is trending more amped too even if it's not where the euro is. Hopefullly it's a case of the euro getting a little too croaked...kind of funny how we've had a CAD high so often this winter on lakes cutters to give us 2-3" of crusty snow/ice and now when we really need it when a more legit storm is on the table, it's nowhere to be found. 

See I think the pattern has changed.  It's not a storm with mid-levels way west... I definitely get why it sucks to see but I don't see why this couldn't stay south and more progressive.  The EURO is much different than the GFS/GGEM/ICON/FV3 with that.

Though I will say that Euro snow map has panned out almost exactly like that a couple times so far this season, but it doesn't seem like the same pattern we were in.

It’s just the pattern. No real blocking, big cold dump into Plains to help amp it. Airmass ahead of it isn’t good. Other guidance more amped. Congrats.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s uncanny how one over amped Euro op run obviously wrong just sets the melts in motion. Scooter starts it and his emotional posts set the others falling like dominoes 

Yeah I get the frustration, but the EURO definitely carries weight.  It's 5 days out... I think the pattern is different than it has been and a low coming out of the south could go just about anywhere. 

I bet the EPS are much further SE and will look pretty good for SNE.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The gfs op had nothing at 12z and still have a good storm. But that’s all progressive. 

Yeah, the ensemble members that needed the stronger weekend system to stay less amplified Monday were skewed heavily Euro. I counted only a couple members each from the GEFS and CMC.

Just now, DomNH said:

How's the pattern look on the Euro past Monday's threat? Still zonal?

No actually the opposite. If Monday didn't clear the baroclinic zone well offshore, we d have a legit threat on mar 6-7. Pretty good shortwave diving into lakes at day 6 but there's no thermal gradient to work with so prob just some flurries.