Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, EastonSN+ said:

Thanks. Given this year I automatically think something will go wrong. The EURO AND GGEM giving rain gives me pause. At least GFS is all snow.

The Op Euro at 00Z made no sense really.  If the Saturday night into Sunday morning event is real then the next system isn’t likely to track as far NW as the Op Euro showed.  Remember the Euro tends to be too amped at this range for the Monday event anyway.  I don’t think Mondays storm is going to be ideal for coastal areas (they’ll probably rain at some point) but it has potential to be the biggest event of the year for areas closer to the coast  

6 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The Op Euro at 00Z made no sense really.  If the Saturday night into Sunday morning event is real then the next system isn’t likely to track as far NW as the Op Euro showed.  Remember the Euro tends to be too amped at this range for the Monday event anyway.  I don’t think Mondays storm is going to be ideal for coastal areas (they’ll probably rain at some point) but it has potential to be the biggest event of the year for areas closer to the coast  

Other than the 6.5 I got in Nov, 2.5 is the largest of the season. I guess even with a changeover 3 is doable at the south coast.

Even the GGEM gives Boston heavy rain.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

The period of the winter we waited for for 3 months is here for 10 days.  Enjoy it! 

;)

yep...  the end may terminate slowly .. .but the crux of the winter enthusiasts' focus should really be tonight through about March 10 ...  March is a fickle month though - the AO over at CPC is tanking in the week 2 range out of nowhere (for example), and the PNA is rising out of its local time scaled nadir...  and that is also a bit of a continuity shift.  So, not sold a hugely balmy month or anything, but climo+pattern recognition/tech in total weights these 10 days.