Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March, 2019

snowman19

Just now, dave0176 said:

My digital weather station is showing 75 outdoor, not sure how accurate it is but it sure feels warm. We’re also getting some heavy wind gusts.

Yes, windy here too. Hence my need to be wearing a black wet suit while sailing today. 

Yeah, the warm sector was a good 5-10 degrees warmer than modeled yesterday. 

I think scattered thunderstorms are going to be fairly likely in the area ~5-8 this evening. They'll be moving along at 50-60KT but there could be some good downpours given flow parallel to the front.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, purduewx80 said:

I think scattered thunderstorms are going to be fairly likely in the area ~5-8 this evening. They'll be moving along at 50-60KT but there could be some good downpours given flow parallel to the front.

HRRR has been consistent with a line of strong storms coming through. They should spark up over Western NJ/eastern PA over the next couple hours. 

29 minutes ago, purduewx80 said:

61 degrees on LI.  Never felt so good

The 75 at NYC is only 2 off the record high. Even the OP Euro from last few days was too cool with highs around 70 it had been showing. This was one of those deep SW flow days with clearing that has been missing from recent Marches. It took the historic storm from a few days ago to bring the warmth while cutting to Canada.

3/15 77 in 1990 72 in 1995 69 in 1989

https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/Midwest-Bomb-Cyclone-Set-Low-Pressure-Records-Bringing-Widespread-Extreme-Weather

1 minute ago, tek1972 said:

That snow if any is falling during the day. I doubt it sticks to anything

The few models that have the wave show it coming through early morning. Low level temps and thicknesses are plenty cold for accumulating snow should there be a narrow fronto/defo band just N of the low. Not unlike the system early last April...

• Haha 1