• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March, 2019

snowman19

Next 8 days averaging 44degs., or 1deg. AN.

Month to date is  -4.2[35.5].     Should be -2.3[38.6] by the 23rd.

47*---48*, variable at 6am here.   48*---50*, variable with drizzle at 7am here.   Bouncy T, 46.4*, broken skies at 8am here.   Up to 52.7* at 10am, clouds and some sun.   Already 58* at 10:30am!   60.0* at 10:45am!     61.7* at 11:00am with clouds/breaks.    62.0 at 11:07am.

11 hours ago, LIWeatherGuy29 said:

What would that mean in reguards to temperatures?

Probably short warm ups like today instead of extended ones. So we will have to take milder spring days when we can get them. Temperatures will drop again going into next week with yet another cold front and more Canadian high pressure. Near the end of March, the SE Ridge will try to rebound bringing our next chance of more spring-like temperatures for a few days. But that sharp SST gradient to our northeast May favor back door cold front action early into early April. We  sneak in a few nicer days before cooler temperatures and warm fronts stall out near the area. Low pressure east of Newfoundland has been very persistent for months. This allows high pressure to wedge down behind in SE Canada. That would be a big backdoor pattern if it continues.

26581A47-EAEE-45DC-BF3A-BE29C9D941FA.gif.47fc849590d6a8238b4f7fcca8a72918.gif

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

where's all the rain?  radar is laughable.    (not that I'm complaining)

We weren’t expecting much today as models have been trending drier over the last several days. Just some scattered showers this morning and maybe some thunder with the cold front later today.

• Thanks 1

61 saw on my thermometer this morning. Actually warmer than where I have family down in Marco Island, FL, where it was 60. They'll be in the mid-80's today. Wouldn't be surprised if I hit 70 today. A shame I'll be in multiple layers today while sailing.

36 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Yeah, the models haven’t shown “all the rain” for days and days now. 

haha. without checking for snow, I haven't looked a a model in days...I was just looking at Upton's forecast which makes it seem like it was going to be wetter than it actually is.  

55 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

haha. without checking for snow, I haven't looked a a model in days...I was just looking at Upton's forecast which makes it seem like it was going to be wetter than it actually is.  

I still look at the models everyday for any snow.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2