• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

10 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Another 3.2” last night. I’ve picked up almost a foot of snow this week. 

Honestly this might be one of the worst forecasting jobs by the models and NWS maps from those models since I can remember...and with the "new" GFS model about to debut this spring and it's already a giant tire fire I don't expect any better results going forward.

• Like 1

3.9 inches yesterday, 6.5 for the entire event. A little more this morning. Less than I hoped for but it is what it is. Had some of the most intense snowfall rates of the winter but it was always in transition so accumulations were not great. 

47 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Another 3.2” last night. I’ve picked up almost a foot of snow this week. 

That was a nice band that set up for a while around 3AM.

We had a half inch of pure fluff fall while the band was still consolidating towards the near southtowns.

We have had about five inches total. When we were forecasted to get several inches, we got less than an inch, but when we were forecasted for a dusting, we got a couple inches.

In defense of the Buffalo WFO's forecasts for the Buffalo metro, I don't think they have good modeling or data for a mostly frozen lake with shifting patches of open water. But that doesn't account for their weird snowfall forecasts for Rochester or the broad brushing SE of Lake Ontario.

3 minutes ago, WNash said:

That was a nice band that set up for a while around 3AM.

We had a half inch of pure fluff fall while the band was still consolidating towards the near southtowns.

We have had about five inches total. When we were forecasted to get several inches, we got less than an inch, but when we were forecasted for a dusting, we got a couple inches.

In defense of the Buffalo WFO's forecasts for the Buffalo metro, I don't think they have good modeling or data for a mostly frozen lake with shifting patches of open water. But that doesn't account for their weird snowfall forecasts for Rochester or the broad brushing SE of Lake Ontario.

I can get behind the argument for the frozen lake, however, the models still have a southern bias with lake effect in general...too many times this year the models fringed the Northtowns and the heart of the band was further than modeled...in fact the models on WIVB in house did so poorly one of the Mets actually stated on air the model was performing poorly and discounted it. 

• Like 1

Just now, CNY_WX said:

Normal highs next week are in the low 40s. The seasons march on....

I remember taking off last year in April with snow and a temp of 32. Landed 3 hours later with sun and a temp of 86. Best feeling ever was landing and feeling that warmth and humidity. My sinuses cleared instantly with that moisture. 

I guess they did lol

...WINTER STORM WARNING IS REPLACED BY A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY
WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST FRIDAY...

* WHAT...Lake effect snow. Additional snow accumulations of 4 to 7
  inches in the most persistent lake snows.

* WHERE...Oswego county.

* WHEN...Until 4 AM EST Friday.

Snow totals in Monroe, most of Wayne, Ontario, Orleans were on the order of less than 10% of what was forecast. Most areas received less than an inch. 

Worst performance IVE EVER SEEN from BUF. Aweful. I couldn’t even understand where they were getting their info? Yesterday’s broad brush down to Batavia and Geneva with 3-6” was laughable. 

I know the south shore is tough but come on guys! It’s the type of snowfall map I would of made when I was 12 simply because I WANTED snow. 

Rant over. 

Still like 3rd week of March for the big one. It’s coming! Lol

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I remember taking off last year in April with snow and a temp of 32. Landed 3 hours later with sun and a temp of 86. Best feeling ever was landing and feeling that warmth and humidity. My sinuses cleared instantly with that moisture. 

Last March and April were downright brutal. In fact it was either March or April that was the the coldest on record...which one BW?

Some decent wrap around as well..

Moist cyclonic flow across the region Sunday Night and Monday will
bring snow showers...favored across higher terrain where lake
enhancement and upslope flow processes occur. An additional
shortwave, an increasing mid level instability, moves across the
region Monday that will likely increase the coverage area of snow
showers during the day Monday. Temperatures at 850 hPa will become
marginally cold enough over Lake Ontario for some lake effect snow
across areas east and southeast...though moisture within the snow
growth zone will be brief...keeping additional snow accumulation to
minor totals.

download (49).png