• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Upstate/Eastern New York

4 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Did anyone do a liq-eq test?  NWS had us close to 25-1" and theres no way we hit 25.

I came out at 12.8:1 but that seems low.  Eyeballing CoCoRaHS reports...Wolfie posted a screenshot of both counties here earlier...most seemed to be 15-20:1.

• Like 2

I would love to see the band hit during the day. Seriously, every one of our heavier events has hit at night. They started usually with Sw flow during the afternoons, then shift West in the evenings, then NW overnight.

I actually meant to ask if this is a common set up with different variables, or just coincidence.

What you’ve noted is not a coincidence. Studies have shown lake effect tends to weaken during the day (especially in late fall and early spring when daylight is longer and the sun angle is higher). This weakening is caused by a decrease in the temperature contrast as the air above and around the lake (as well as the land) warm. It goes back to the fundamental of lake effect, cold air over a warm lake.

I would love to see the band hit during the day. Seriously, every one of our heavier events has hit at night. They started usually with Sw flow during the afternoons, then shift West in the evenings, then NW overnight.
I actually meant to ask if this is a common set up with different variables, or just coincidence.