• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Upstate/Eastern New York

Rgem came in pretty nice for Monday night-tuesday with low end warning criteria.. Looks identical to the NMM..

Nam looks to have warning criteria as well with the 3k just below criteria..(north of its previous runs)..

U can also see with the light winds the band doesn't make it that far inland..

snku_acc.us_ne (39).png

15 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Warning criteria is 6" for NYC..

I personally go with the median, which is obviously 6" on a 4"-8" forecast. 

StormTotalSnowWeb1 (7).png

They had some low ratio snow there near the shoreline.  Coastal CT reports this a.m. are supporting 5 or 6:1. And it was all snow. Yuck.  About 1.2 - 1.3" liquid and 5 or 6" snow. Interior did better ratio wise.

1 minute ago, WesterlyWx said:

Yeah nice 3” or so of fluff at work in Hamburg. Picked up about 2” of fluff in WS overnight. Just padding the stats. 

My 5-10% above average call in September verified for everyone in WNY. Not so much on the tug and central NY. There is still a chance to get there though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Syrmax said:

They had some low ratio snow there near the shoreline.  Coastal CT reports this a.m. are supporting 5 or 6:1. And it was all snow. Yuck.  About 1.2 - 1.3" liquid and 5 or 6" snow. Interior did better ratio wise.

Jim Cantore just reported from Boston that the snow on the ground is pure slush. I love snow but I dislike that wet springlike snow. Half of what fell in SNE will be melted by the end of the day. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

My 5-10% above average call in September verified for everyone in WNY. Not so much on the tug and central NY. There is still a chance to get there though. 

We got extremely lucky in January that we had that 3 week stretch with 70”. If not for that we’d be so far below average it would be 11-12 all over again. I know this winter is not over yet but I’d give this winter a C+ to B-. Got off to a rocking start in November with early lake effect snow and brutal arctic cold near Thanksgiving giving Buffalo the coldest Thanksgiving ever and then winter took quite a break in December and the first week in January before coming back with a blitzing Vengance near mid January with several lake effect events and the blizzard which was like Jan 14 all over again followed by a very windy few weeks including the hurricane force wind gust a couple weeks ago and now getting consistent small snowfalls and anaomolously cold weather for March this week. Can’t complain when I’m roughly a few inches above my entire seasonal average in early March but my biggest gripe about this winter has been the lack of consistent cold to build a nice snowpack. Seems we never stayed cold enough to build a nice pack even when we got the 70” in 3 weeks in January we never had a snowpack above 20” and even that only lasted a couple days as we had thaws in between significant lake effect events. If we can manage a whopper (12”+) before this season is over than I’ll slide this winter up into the B+/A- range. 

I also find it fascinating that we are above average for snowfall even with the amount of cutters we’ve had and what has seemed like and endless crap pattern overall. I feel for you folks away from the lakes who haven’t had the benefit of lake effect which is probably what 75% + of my seasonal snowfall is...

1 hour ago, Syrmax said:

It looked to me that mixing was a big risk for NYC and the WSW was a bold call. Looks like NE didn’t get the p type issues.

52 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Roc is 2.1" above average as of today. Syracuse 6.3" under but that will probably be wiped out this week with lake effect. Binghamton is 6.8" over. 

Hmmm. I’m shocked. I guess... It feels like an under winter. I guess we’ve been dinked and dunked to the over but I would love to see the airports measuring system. Lol. 

Anyhow, hoping on a bit of LES over next few days. Cause after that we are back into cutters. 

Off to Bristol. Anyone going?