• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

2 hours ago, WesterlyWx said:

What does anyone think the odds are BUF and ROC even see an inch from this? 

I’d put it at 10% or less given the time of day most of the precip is expected to fall. 

You would think accumulation would be a problem for lower elevations, but if the temps get down to 32 and stay there then maybe. I give it 40% based on the dynamic nature of the system.

38 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Last year we were in Columbus Ohio for a soccer tournament, and it snowed back in buffalo. This weekend we will be in Columbus Ohio and...

Both 3k and 12k 00z NAM products put the bullseye right over WNY now. Definitley way overdone but makes me wonder if a few slushy inches will be possible.

IMG_0606.PNG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Giants are officially the worst run franchise in sports lol

I cannot believe they took him at 6. Probably could have gotten him in the 3rd/4th. Oliver was the guy I wanted at 9 but didn't think he would drop that far. Bills need to draft a WR/TE/OL in the next 2 rounds.

End game is incredible go see it everyone. You can see it at the palace in Hamburg for $6. 

• Like 1

West-northwesterly winds will gust to between 35 and 45 mph across
the area on Saturday...with a few gusts to 50 mph possible across
the higher terrain. Such gusts could bring down a few tree limbs
and power lines and lead to isolated power outages.

A period of accumulating snow will then be likely Saturday night
into Sunday morning. This could produce accumulations of as much
as 3 to 5 inches across the higher terrain, with lesser amounts
across the lower elevations.
  • Like 1

Would love to see this storm bump north about 50 miles so we could get into some of the action up here along the lake plain.  That said, the storm doesnt look quite as robust as it did in earlier runs (while passing through NY) which I think will have an impact on the storms ability to dynamically cool the atmosphere.    Further upstream, I see Winter storm watches posting in Wisconsin for 5-7 inches with locally higher amounts.   

5 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Would love to see this storm bump north about 50 miles so we could get into some of the action up here along the lake plain.  That said, the storm doesnt look quite as robust as it did in earlier runs (while passing through NY) which I think will have an impact on the storms ability to dynamically cool the atmosphere.    Further upstream, I see Winter storm watches posting in Wisconsin for 5-7 inches with locally higher amounts.   

Going to be a really close call. 

RGEM with a few frames left.

rgem_asnow_neus_54.png

• Like 2

I’d be surprised if it Didn’t bump north. Given the season. This is remarkably far south to begin with. Thus far, models holding the LP just across CPA. Which in winter is the perfect track for all of WNY but this storm is very compact. It also is coming during daylight hours- I think- which will really hamper accumulation. It is a fun last hoorah 

15 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I’d be surprised if it Didn’t bump north. Given the season. This is remarkably far south to begin with. Thus far, models holding the LP just across CPA. Which in winter is the perfect track for all of WNY but this storm is very compact. It also is coming during daylight hours- I think- which will really hamper accumulation. It is a fun last hoorah 

Low Res NAM is a little further north and keeps us in the game.  Would be fun to see the ground covered in white one last time this season

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, cny rider said:

No fun!

No hoorah!

I love snow as much as anyone.  But there's so much spring yardwork to do, I can't watch a whole weekend go down the tubes.

Either give me enough snow to get my skis out of the basement, or give me sunny and 65F!

I'm with you on the yardwork and gardens.  I was supposed to be splitting beehives this weekend and I also have (likely had) a softball tournament tomorrow (that will probably be canceled).  I'm just chocking this weekend up to a loss and finishing up the last indoor projects.   The whole weekend looks like garbage from an outdoor perspective

The earliest and latest I've seen actual accumulating snow was Nov 12th (13") and April 16th (3"), both of those coming on the jersey shore just 15-20 miles from the Atlantic ocean..U would of thought I would of beat that living in upstate for about 12 years but nope lol

Much more of an anomaly there then here for sure..

I feel like upstate is notorious for insignificant late snows. The early stuff, in my experience, has been harder to come by. 

I remember once, in the 80’s, Poughkeepsie had over a foot in mid October. I’ve never seen anything like that in Roc. The BUF thing being, in my mind, far and away the most anonymous thing I’ll ever hear about in my life.