Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

DISCUSSION...A squall line has now become well developed in western
Pennsylvania and is starting to accelerate eastward. This line of
storms will pose a threat for damaging winds as it moves east.
Isolated embedded mesovorticies are possible in the line, but the
low-level shear vector remains mostly parallel to the line which
should tamper a more widespread threat. The highest tornado
potential will be along and near the warm front in northern
Pennsylvania and southern New York. Currently, the strongest storm
in the band is located along the warm front and is showing at least
broad rotation. This storm and any that develop near it will likely
pose the greatest tornado threat for the next few hours.
366764e8b2547ab9456edc368f28c8e1.gif

We received an automated call on our house phone about a tornado warning at about 1:45am.  Then our internet didn’t work so we couldn’t check the radar (no cell service and our internet works about 25% of the time so that wasn’t a shock).  Tried TWC but of course they were focused on their stupid reality shows.  Decided to take the kids to the basement for a while until the leading edge of the storms pushed through with nothing more than some wind, rain, and lightning.  We did lose power at about 2am and still didn’t have it back when my wife left for work.  Fun Monday morning....

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Had a game of thones party last night and we all sat on my deck to watch the storms roll through before the show started. Was a fantastic evening. Wet snow falling all morning, welcome back to Buffalo. ^_^

Snowing all day at my job in East Concord at 1600 ft. Sticking to grass/trees/rooftops ect. too..

The last 48 or so hours of weather really does strike home the overall harshness of our climate.  Spring is just so damn slow to materialize in these parts.  Here we are approaching 2 months to the summer solstice and we've endured a battering ram of cold rain, snow squalls, and gusty winds going on 2 days.  Maybe having my daughter studying abroad in the Netherlands, at a much more northern latitude at that, reporting all sorts of spring wonders (sun, frequent temps in the 60's to 70, full green-up) for the last 3 weeks has soured my view on our climate. 

Our positioning in the global wave train coming out of northern hemisphere winter just...hurts.  It's like the frozen water of James Bay is a giant middle finger pointed right at us.  We have to endure weeks and weeks of damp, gray, disgusting discharge from the Canadian prairies as the seasons slowly change...All while plebians in D.C. just an hour plane ride to the south get high on the scent of cherry blossoms, and Euro's in Amsterdam several tics of latitude to our north get high on...other stuff.    

Ok, rant over...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

The last 48 or so hours of weather really does strike home the overall harshness of our climate.  Spring is just so damn slow to materialize in these parts.  Here we are approaching 2 months to the summer solstice and we've endured a battering ram of cold rain, snow squalls, and gusty winds going on 2 days.  Maybe having my daughter studying abroad in the Netherlands, at a much more northern latitude at that, reporting all sorts of spring wonders (sun, frequent temps in the 60's to 70, full green-up) for the last 3 weeks has soured my view on our climate. 

Our positioning in the global wave train coming out of northern hemisphere winter just...hurts.  It's like the frozen water of James Bay is a giant middle finger pointed right at us.  We have to endure weeks and weeks of damp, gray, disgusting discharge from the Canadian prairies as the seasons slowly change...All while plebians in D.C. just an hour plane ride to the south get high on the scent of cherry blossoms, and Euro's in Amsterdam several tics of latitude to our north get high on...other stuff.    

Ok, rant over...

Yep, Aprils in WNY has some of the worst weather possible. 30s/40s and wet is my least favorite weather. As I mentioned earlier it seems the summers start later and later. Last year we went from Winter to Summer, spring is becoming less and less of a "season" and more of a 2-3 week switch. It should break pretty soon though. Looks like 70s on Thursday.