• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

Nice +/-3in and counting of wet snow that is sticking to everything at 1,700ft in NW Delaware County.  School used another snow day which now takes a day from Spring Break because they have used all the snow days and contingency days for the year.   Brown and rain in Binghamton....just miserable down here.  

1 hour ago, Phillifan22 said:

Southern CNY near Oneonta getting pasted. Last night compared to this morning in Laurens NY
d38dfc293518d0287a56e0d860a68f8d.jpg883e021badf9b3e30858c895be7d55e8.jpg

Just down the road from me.

We are up over 1600 feet and when I left for work before 0700 it was 32 F with about 4 inches already accumulated.

Down in Cooperstown, 1250 feet it was 33F on the car thermometer, also pouring snow and about 2-3 inches accumulated.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

How did this bust? What am I missing? I mean it looked so good. And then the entire west half got its qpf buzz sawed.  

For this storm to really produce we needed that low to stall over the gulf of Maine for 18-24 hours which is what it did on the models all week.  Starting at the 18z runs yesterday things just got a lot more progressive and it basically just speeds out to sea.  My 18-24" dreams have been reduced to praying for 3-6.  Oh well, I shall make the best of it.  I don't have the heart to tell my buddies its going to be a bust......They are going to hate me.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

For this storm to really produce we needed that low to stall over the gulf of Maine for 18-24 hours which is what it did on the models all week.  Starting at the 18z runs yesterday things just got a lot more progressive and it basically just speeds out to sea.  My 18-24" dreams have been reduced to praying for 3-6.  Oh well, I shall make the best of it.  I don't have the heart to tell my buddies its going to be a bust......They are going to hate me.

My buddy in Cali says 20 feet on the ground at Mammoth still. They look to have snow on the ground until August. I say we head over there in June for a nice summer shred session? 

13 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Are you up in the high peaks now?

It’s been a mixture of rain and snow here for about the last hour. It looks on radar like the precipitation is building in from the north. I don’t anticipate any accumulation during the day and we’ll see what happens tonight. It’s hard to get excited about 6 inches this time of the year when you know 50 degrees and sun on Sunday is going to melt most if not all of it. 

• Like 1