• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

Yeah. Rochester has been on the fringes of this thing. I’ve got to get used to the Euro struggling. What happened to that model? 

GFS looks good. Canadian looks good. There are a few SREF plume members that are eye popping. 

Looking at a couple wet inches. Probably.

you know I’m still hunting for a foot

27 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Yeah. Rochester has been on the fringes of this thing. I’ve got to get used to the Euro struggling. What happened to that model? 

GFS looks good. Canadian looks good. There are a few SREF plume members that are eye popping. 

Looking at a couple wet inches. Probably.

you know I’m still hunting for a foot

I booked a room in the 'Dacks for one last good day on the slopes.  Couldnt stand the thought of sitting this one out.   Snow ratios look good overnight friday so I'm hoping for some quality POW on Saturday.  

12 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I booked a room in the 'Dacks for one last good day on the slopes.  Couldnt stand the thought of sitting this one out.   Snow ratios look good overnight friday so I'm hoping for some quality POW on Saturday.  

I will probably be in Brantingham. Where are you going? Whiteface?

12 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I will probably be in Brantingham. Where are you going? Whiteface?

Yeah, I have some leftover passes to use and they do well in these type of upslope events where the low stalls and pinwheels for a day.  Northern Vermont will do very well too but that drive is rough.  My asshole friends are going to mad River so that means I'm out for that too (No Snowboarding allowed) 

That said, some models have been hinting at a more progressive low track so I'm a little nervous committing to this plan.  I need this thing to really get hung up to cash in.  

27 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Yeah, I have some leftover passes to use and they do well in these type of upslope events where the low stalls and pinwheels for a day.  Northern Vermont will do very well too but that drive is rough.  My asshole friends are going to mad River so that means I'm out for that too (No Snowboarding allowed) 

That said, some models have been hinting at a more progressive low track so I'm a little nervous committing to this plan.  I need this thing to really get hung up to cash in.  

Whiteface is a lock

1 minute ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

This should be nothing but a nuisance for us valley dwellers but the Tug/Dacks look great! We don't need any more snow and let KBUF win the contest, lol!

Let’s have a little late season excitement. It will all melt on Sunday anyways. 

• Like 2

The ECAC (Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference) hockey tournament is in Lake Placid this weekend. Cornell is playing in it. The teams are probably getting there today so they should be alright but any fans coming in over the weekend might have problems. 

28 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Lake Placid is a lock!

Just now, CNY_WX said:

The ECAC (Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference) hockey tournament is in Lake Placid this weekend. Cornell is playing in it. The teams are probably getting there today so they should be alright but any fans coming in over the weekend might have problems. 

Don't forget the important team there, Clarkson.

A strong shortwave diving across the Upper Great Lakes Thursday
night will `capture` and subsequently intensify an already existing
coastal storm off New England. Cold advection and the circulation of
deep synoptic moisture around the backside of this late season storm
will result in a quick changeover from mixed precip to all snow...
with measurable accumulations expected regionwide Friday and Friday
night. This will include SIGNIFICANT accumulations east of Lake
Ontario due to orographics...so will maintain a winter storm watch
for that area. Its well worth noting that the snowfall will have
limited impact on travel during the day Friday...as an ever
increasing sun angle should limit accumulations on roadways.
Accumulations will be most evident on grassy and elevated
surfaces...but this will change Friday night. It will turn quite
windy as well, with gusts over 35 mph possible as cold air pours
back into the region.

The northwest flow lake effect and upslope snow will continue
through Saturday morning before tapering off from west to east
Saturday afternoon as the strong coastal low begins to move into the
Canadian Maritimes and away from the region. Additional light snow
accumulations are possible Saturday morning. Temperatures will be
well below normal, with highs in the 30s

32 minutes ago, Flying MXZ said:

Don't forget the important team there, Clarkson.

You must be a Clarkson alum, I’m a Cornell grad. Cornell and Clarkson could meet in the finals on Saturday. Cornell won 5-0 in Ithaca and they played to a 2-2 tie on a late Clarkson goal in Potsdam. It would be a good game but first Cornell needs to beat Brown and Clarkson needs to beat Harvard on Friday. 

10 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

I'm still hedging.

I want to get in at least one more good ski day.

Wondering if Sunday might actually be the better day this weekend.  Could be a gem of a spring day on fresh snow.

1 hour ago, CNY_WX said:

You must be a Clarkson alum, I’m a Cornell grad. Cornell and Clarkson could meet in the finals on Saturday. Cornell won 5-0 in Ithaca and they played to a 2-2 tie on a late Clarkson goal in Potsdam. It would be a good game but first Cornell needs to beat Brown and Clarkson needs to beat Harvard on Friday. 

You got it.  I don't follow them much now but they had pretty good teams when I was there (95-99).  I'd be nice to see 2 NY teams in the final.  

To make this weather related, keep the snow up north and away from here.  I'm ready for baseball season.  Indoor practices suck.