• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

2.6 inches overnight.  The town plow came through the neighborhood yesterday to push the snow banks back and nailed my mailbox. My tube for measuring precipitation was mounted on the back of the mailbox post and got knocked off so I can’t get a liquid equivalent. After a break in the snow the band moved back north and it’s currently snowing heavily again. 

1 hour ago, donsutherland1 said:

With 0.5" snow yesterday, Buffalo's seasonal snowfall total reached 113.2". That makes winter 2018-19 Buffalo's 16th snowiest winter on record. Winter 2018-19 is also the snowiest winter since winter 2013-14 when 129.9" snow was recorded. Records go back to winter 1893-94.

Thanks for stopping in, Don. That surprises me that this is one of their snowiest. Shows that Buffalo doesn't have a very large spread of low snow to high snow years...like some other areas of the Great Lakes.

• Like 1

Just started to snow here in Skaneateles.

Gonna take a lot to come close to the WSW which, at the moment, is added to the pile of NWS head scratchers this winter given the guidance...

I hope to be proven wrong but won’t be upset because my expectations remain quite low. 

Working from home today. Just took my official numbers at 9am, we were up to 4.75"  w/ 0.37 LE... ratio is only 12.8:1 which I would have thought would be a bit higher.

Snowing mod to heavy  here in the past hr or two. In fact,  we picked up another 1/4" while I was melting snow and emailing ppl, so I'm at 5" storm total at 0915.

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Thanks for stopping in, Don. That surprises me that this is one of their snowiest. Shows that Buffalo doesn't have a very large spread of low snow to high snow years...like some other areas of the Great Lakes.

Buffalo’s snowiest year was 1976-77 with 199.4”. It’s least snowiest is 2011-12 with 36.7”. 

https://www.weather.gov/buf/BuffaloSnow

HRRR pegged last night ordeal surprisingly accurate, noice!  I just took a look at its most recent run and it looks like we get a break for a few hrs then the next event. I guess it can be looked at as 1 event but it can also be looked at as 2 events but who cares.  I can see beautiful blue sky just to my North!

24 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

I've gotten lucky the last two nights as snow has started between 7-8pm and ended first thing in the morning, haven't had to worry about sun angle. 

Yeah it’s wild. We’ve had a couple of quite heavy bursts and you can still see the sun. Lake effect is wild - but wilder this time of year!

Can we move this band just a bit farther north? I think what has been even more painful this winter is that there has been more snow in about every direction. That stripe of Northwest Oneida county between here and Camden (Florence area) has been slammed all winter. Consistently more snow there than here throughout the winter with bands seeming to pop up there with different wind directions. They have had some good bands even from Lake Erie on SW winds while I look at sunshine.

14 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Band making a bee line straight for my crib, as it intensifies, so I'd expect S of some kind of intensity in a couple-few hrs.

picking up here also.  If only we could make the sun go down faster today.  ;)