• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

These bands usually hang up north longer than modeled. Something LEK used to harp on. I think due to lower frictional resistance across the long Axis of the lake causing convergence from each side of the band flowing into it and helping maintain a more W-E orientation and stable.   Which may be why KFZY wind is WSW. It'll take another push to get it to keep moving south.  Matt and Wolfie enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Locally heavy lake effect snow continues through early Thursday southeast of Lake Ontario. Here is a map of forecast additional snow from early this morning through Thursday morning. Heaviest in Wayne, northern Cayuga, southern Oswego counties. #nywx

FB_IMG_1551866774300.jpg

Was surprised to wake up and see it is still snowing here. Via radar it looks like we have had some upslope here. Returns not showing up on radar well.

You want to read something funny? I actually had a DREAM that Carol replied to my post on here about getting more snow than her. Sad.

Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Grew up in that general area, visit from time to time. Helped my in-laws do the lighting for a new coffee shop right in the middle of town a few months back. Has some good grocery stores and you’re not far from Oneida which has Lowe’s/Walmart too!

Thanks for the info. Did you live there or go to school there? Housing outside of the towns seems much more reasonable than right in.
Was surprised to find random stores like a Big Lots in Hamilton. Never seen one in a town that size.

• Like 1

I’m probably crazy but I think BUFs snowfall maps from yesterday might be pretty accurate. The long duration of the event and ratios will really lead to some higher accumulations than expected. Which combined with the wiggly nature of the band could lead to some widespread 6-12”. Sure they might have been a bit too widespread, but nothing wrong with playing it safe.

2 hours ago, Phillifan22 said:

Grew up in that general area, visit from time to time. Helped my in-laws do the lighting for a new coffee shop right in the middle of town a few months back. Has some good grocery stores and you’re not far from Oneida which has Lowe’s/Walmart too!

I love that Madison county still maintains quite a rural character but is close to many things at the same time. I really have become fond of that area.

• Like 1