• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

KBGM maps: take em down. KBUF: put em up!

I think this will end up as a WWA annoyance level snow here.   KBGM agreeing with me as Watch still in place and totals being lowered. Bands will be broken up during the day and further north overall for the strongest periods.

13 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Looks like about 3.5-4” of new fluff at my job in southern OP. Nice pack on the ground too, probably close to a foot. 

Isn't it odd that with the March sun and it's technically meteorological spring that we are in the midst of our longest snow cover since late November early December???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phillifan22 said:

Hamilton and Caz are really nice towns that get their fair share of snow, whether it be upslope enhancement during LES or just synoptic snow! Might be a bit more expensive housing/land due to the private (and pricey) universities, but they are worth it.

Thanks for the info. Did you live there or go to school there? Housing outside of the towns seems much more reasonable than right in.

Was surprised to find random stores like a Big Lots in Hamilton. Never seen one in a town that size.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

We can't do well with same event even though we have similar lattitude..lol

My 3 biggest events this year are all light wind events. 

Yup! And then 12Z runs showing exactly Why I am so ready for this LES season to be over. The same burn over and over and over this winter.

Enjoy your new snow, bud!

1 hour ago, vortmax said:

Really think this is gonna happen? Pretty high accums...

StormTotalSnowWeb.png

They’ve been too bullish multiple times this winter - and a couple were real head scratchers. 

I’m inclined to add this map to that list based on what I see -  but I know how unpredictable these events can be.  Nearly all of the short term models show a band on the move - so that could limit accums for all  

24 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

They’ve been too bullish multiple times this winter - and a couple were real head scratchers. 

I’m inclined to add this map to that list based on what I see -  but I know how unpredictable these events can be.  Nearly all of the short term models show a band on the move - so that could limit accums for all  

Agreed.  I think in the areas that show 4" cut in half and for most of the area outside of the main LES band near Oswego.

city of oswego received about 6-7inches overnight when i woke up for work...what do you guys expect out of the city of oswego for tonights lake effect band? i think city of oswego could be the center point of the band or do you guys see more of a northwesterly wind component pushing the band south more into fulton and northern cayuga?

3k is a horrendous model..lol 

Always way off here one way or another..

Best performance here was the rgem and NMM..

I would take Canadian guidance all day long over American meso models..

ARW may be the worst of them all lol Has a significant southern bias with band placement. 

Additional heavy lake effect snow possible tonight through Thursday morning southeast of Lk Ontario. Snowfall amounts of 10-16 inches are possible where bands persist the longest. There is still some uncertainty with band placement and timing due to frequent wind shifts