• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

6 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Even with a temperature of 12 degrees, the roads are staying wet because of I would imagine the strong almost beginning of March Sun angle because the roads are wet and it's 12 degrees and it's snowing nicely nice lake size and everything so that should tell everybody something.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There is also a large amount of residual road salt on the roads from previous storms. That being said we are getting to the point in the season where it will be difficult to accumulate on road surfaces because of the increasing insolation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Hrrr has been pretty consistent the last several runs, keeps kbuf right on the southern edge of the heaviest snowfall..

Definitely a trend north the last day or so..

Kbuf now has Watertown at 5", previously it was 1"-2"..

snku_acc.us_ne (33).png

That really sucks, was hoping to go cross country skiing this weekend and this does not give us enough. 

1 minute ago, wolfie09 said:

Or u can take total precipitation and times it by 15 lol

And kuchera does not show 25-1 here..

Nam kuchera has 7" on 0.45 liquid..

You wouldn't times it by 15. You would just multiply it by 150%. .45*150%=6.75" 

Kuchera is almost always overdone, a blend between both is more realistic. But 1:15 is a pretty good wager for most synoptic around here. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Even with a temperature of 12 degrees, the roads are staying wet because of I would imagine the strong almost beginning of March Sun angle because the roads are wet and it's 12 degrees and it's snowing nicely nice lake size and everything so that should tell everybody something.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There's also a minor fortune in road salt on many roads from recent events. I-690 was totally white this a.m. with no active salt trucks...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Mom got results back today. Stage 4 nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Rare form of cancer for this region of the world. Never smoked.

My prayers are with your mom, you and your family. Hopefully there’s a good plan to attack this. Is she going to Roswell?

• Like 4