• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

I'm pretty sure the next 7-10 days actually feel like true Winter around here, SE of the Lake anyway, as there will be a constant WNW-NW flow for the next week or so in between each SW that passes through then back to LES.  Its actually the best pattern we've seen or are about to see unfold, in quite some time, so lets hope it pans out.

Just now, wolfie09 said:

The only draw back is next 7-10 days is highly dependent on lake effect behind two cutters, but I guess we should be used to it.. 

The only pure snow event is a weak wave that would favor wny/sny at the moment imo..

I'm like you bro, I could care less about depth I just wanna see it snow, fall, as thats my fascination with snow not building glaciers, lol!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

The only draw back is next 7-10 days is highly dependent on lake effect behind two cutters, but I guess we should be used to it.. 

The only pure snow event is a weak wave that would favor wny/sny at the moment imo..

I think we're in good shape regardless what the EURO is saying right now, lol.

And I will say it now that I do not believe we see another Cutter like the EURO is advertising and I think its just Bullshit that these events keep going to the West of us.  I've heard of seasonal trends but come on already.  How many of these horrific events have we seen already? 2018-19, the season of constant cutters!

In some ways, it is a good thing for me right now to not have to deal with winter storms so we can get stuff moved to my parents house. Stress is sky high for me right now with having to pack up a house the second time in a year, look for jobs, apply for jobs, and check out places.

My wife's car broke down, I developed a sinus infection, wife's sister is dealing with flooding in Tennessee, and we just found out her uncle has 24 hours left to live. Not to mention several other things going on...

• Sad 3

14 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

In some ways, it is a good thing for me right now to not have to deal with winter storms so we can get stuff moved to my parents house. Stress is sky high for me right now with having to pack up a house the second time in a year, look for jobs, apply for jobs, and check out places.

My wife's car broke down, I developed a sinus infection, wife's sister is dealing with flooding in Tennessee, and we just found out her uncle has 24 hours left to live. Not to mention several other things going on...

Matt, I am so sorry to read of your situation. That is some serious stress.  I really hope things work out for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

As they say, when it rains it pours (no pun intended, lol). Hang in there, things will get better. 

24 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

They were weak sauce trust me. Looked much more impressive on radar then what actually happened otg. No more then 30-35mph gust and once flash of lightning. Rain wasn’t even all that heavy. 

I saw the thunderstorm reported on the Kbuf metar. 

...A LINE OF THUNDERSTORMS WILL AFFECT WAYNE...JEFFERSON...
LEWIS...CAYUGA...OSWEGO AND NORTHEASTERN ONTARIO COUNTIES...

At 1014 AM EST, radar indicated thunderstorms were located along a
line extending from 27 miles west of Cedar Point State Park to 6
miles southwest of Battle Island State Park. Movement was east at 70
mph.

Winds in excess of 35 mph and pea size hail are possible with these
storms along with brief heavy downpours.

Locations impacted include...
Watertown, Oswego, Geneva, Fulton, Canandaigua, Fair Haven Beach
State Park, Fort Drum, Sandy Island Beach State Park, Ontario, Stony
Point, Newark, Williamson, Marion, Carthage, Lyons, Palmyra,
Lowville, Pulaski, Clifton Springs and Clyde.

This includes the following highways...
 Interstate 90 between exits 44 and 40.
 Interstate 81 between exits 32 and 52.

Frequent cloud to ground lightning is occurring with this storm.
Lightning can strike 10 miles away from a thunderstorm. Seek a safe
shelter inside a building or vehicle.