• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The March Long Range Discussion Thread, Winter's Last Stand

stormtracker

Hey check this out...Found this in the snow records...April 1884...8 inches recorded in April, lol (and I know that can't all be hail!)

By far the highest April snow total on record. Gotta believe this was because of the famous Krakatoa eruption the year before! (That must've really been something...wow!)

Edit: It was the 2nd highest April snowfall, not the highest!

Screenshot_20190307-163827_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

24 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Hey check this out...Found this in the snow records...April 1884...8 inches recorded in April, lol (and I know that can't all be hail!)

By far the highest April snow total on record. Gotta believe this was because of the famous Krakatoa eruption the year before! (That must've really been something...wow!)

Screenshot_20190307-163827_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

No, the highest April total at BWI was 9.4” on 4/1/1924. Region-wide though, the biggest event overall was 4/3/1915 which delivered 10” to RIC. Snowfall contest thread has more info on that one. 

3 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

The fv3 is awesome. It’s going to be fun tracking snow from my pool this year!

B2BC796D-CFA1-4BA7-9DF7-A5B25B3048CD.thumb.png.bd3c5a29f2615a1bfb11a7f056c7911a.png

I posted last week that Ill be tracking snow for the July 4th holiday.  When I'm at the beach I won't know which to pack, snow shoes or swimming trunks lol.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Rtd208 said:

And just think, the NWS thought this was going to make forecasting more accurate lol. Not yet.

The guys across the pond are laughing at this future flagship American model.

I am sure we could do a lot better if this had real government support and dollars,  along with a high priority to create a top performing model able to surpass the Euro over time. 

4 hours ago, frd said:

The guys across the pond are laughing at this future flagship American model.

I am sure we could do a lot better if this had real government support and dollars,  along with a high priority to create a top performing model able to surpass the Euro over time. 

Its like the old days with the earlier versions of the GFS. It always had a digital snowstorm at 12-15 day leads.