Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The March Long Range Discussion Thread, Winter's Last Stand

stormtracker

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Last time he said that I got 5” of snow the next day. 

Outside of that event, which didn't deliver for most of the region (and ofc the western highlands upslope etc), he did end up being right for the greater MA region. Not that it was a very bold call given how the winter was playing out.

5 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

You are not talking about weather. You were trolling to be a jerk. 

Ok fine...the weather affects SAD, if my trolling affects your mood THAT is something else! 

Furthermore I was trolling a troll for comedic affect.  And you got the joke and still decided to make a big deal out if it.   Even he didn’t throw a fit over it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Outside of that event, which didn't deliver for most of the region (and ofc the western highlands upslope etc), he did end up being right for the greater MA region. Not that it was a very bold call given how the winter was playing out.

You got screwed again but we did get two more snow events that affected the DC-Baltimore area after that. The 4-6” event later in February and the 1-3” one March 1. Plus the one that affected extreme northern MD and PA was the mid Atlantic too by his regional boundaries. And he said winter was over for the whole northeast including New England and they had a pretty snowy period actually. 

We certainly didn’t have an epic period or anything but I had 18” of snow after his “winters over” declaration and places a little north of me in his “winters over” zone had even more.   Imo he busted bad. Not for Richmond. Not too bad in DC. But god awful north of there and he included them. He was over reacting emotionally because of his disappointment at his failure in VA.  It was his call for the northeast and New England when a pretty big snow event was only 48 hours away for them and they typically do ok in a epo gradient pattern that I said was crazy. Not his call for DC south. 

3 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Glad you find my wife's situation funny ravensrule, thanks for that reaction. you are, as always, such a kind board member.

I find your incessant complaining funny. I feel bad for your wife’s situation. Huge difference. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

I hear you, but there is SUCH a bias on this board by snow zealots that even mentioning kinda liking seasonal warmth tends to be shouted down or made fun of.  In any event, the cold IS an issue with my wife - as much or more so than the sun, and I can tell you that days like yesterday and today help.  I know no one here controls the weather, but begging for crazy snow events and anomalous cold into late March and April is like nails on a chalkboard to some for personal reasons.

But you are posting on a winter storm thread (it literally has winter in the thread title), where most people come to chase track snow storms and root for them to happen.

I also am not diminishing, as I have some winter blues myself, but tracking snow and experience the snow is the best antidote for me, so that's why I root for snow.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

You got screwed again but we did get two more snow events that affected the DC-Baltimore area after that. The 4-6” event later in February and the 1-3” one March 1. Plus the one that affected extreme northern MD and PA was the mid Atlantic too by his regional boundaries. And he said winter was over for the whole northeast including New England and they had a pretty snowy period actually. 

We certainly didn’t have an epic period or anything but I had 18” of snow after his “winters over” declaration and places a little north of me in his “winters over” zone had even more.   Imo he busted bad. Not for Richmond. Not too bad in DC. But god awful north of there and he included them. He was over reacting emotionally because of his disappointment at his failure in VA.  It was his call for the northeast and New England when a pretty big snow event was only 48 hours away for them and they typically do ok in a epo gradient pattern that I said was crazy. Not his call for DC south. 

Yeah if he included NE then definitely. Although by their standards it was still pretty underwhelming outside of some localized areas. I don't pay much attention to him or any of the twitter dweebs but from what I recall posted here he was saying 'winter over' for the MA. Seems I was wrong about that part. For the DC area and points S and E though, he ended up pretty much correct. But like I said, hardly a ballsy call even for those areas.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic