• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NegativeEPO
    Newest Member
    NegativeEPO

The March Long Range Discussion Thread, Winter's Last Stand

Yeah the icon almost went nuclear for us. Going to be an interesting 5-6 days of model watching given how many drastic changes we've seen this season even at short leads. Expect significant windshield wipering and occasional fantasy runs incoming

1 hour ago, showmethesnow said:

Wasn't enthused with the overnight runs concerning the possible storm. Excepting the ICON everything for the most part took a step back.

I am sure the ICON will be right lol (sarcastic). Now watch it actually be right now that I said that.

With all the spring fans cheering and rooting hard for warmth and sunshine, how the hell are we supposed to generate a winter storm next week?  This is gonna be one tough battle of wills. :P

• Haha 2

Just now, Scraff said:

With all the spring fans cheering and rooting hard for warmth and sunshine, how the hell are we supposed to generate a winter storm next week?  This is gonna be one tough battles of wills. :P

I stand outside every night with a portable space heater and aim it at the sky while chanting incantations and staring at pictures of tulips. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Scraff said:

With all the spring fans cheering and rooting hard for warmth and sunshine, how the hell are we supposed to generate a winter storm next week?  This is gonna be one tough battles of wills. :P

#wheresmybombogenesis

8 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

#wheresmybombogenesis

Colorado apparently. Lol. I’m heading out there in a few weeks to hopefully see some spring snow. 

2 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Wasn't enthused with the overnight runs concerning the possible storm. Excepting the ICON everything for the most part took a step back.

Ridge is too far east

Time to stick a fork in this winter

22 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Ridge is too far east

I agree. 8 more months till tracking starts again

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

I stand outside every night with a portable space heater and aim it at the sky while chanting incantations and staring at pictures of tulips. 

That's alright. I get up early each morning and do a dance to the Snow Gods in the nude. Have scared some of my early rising neighbors but it is well worth it.

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

That's alright. I get up early each morning and do a dance to the Snow Gods in the nude. Have scared some of my early rising neighbors but it is well worth it.

On an up note, that probably explains this winter - you've clearly scared off the snow gods too...on to spring!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I agree. 8 more months till tracking starts again

I just cancelled my Stormvista account.

I rarely track anything during the summer months except for if a tropical system comes up the coast.

52 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Ridge is too far east

That's right. Need that ridge to stay out west. I wonder why the ICON does that and the others don't. 

• Like 1

I think I'll wait this threat through as few more days since we're talking a time frame still centered around day 7 . Overnight was a step back for sure . If it was day 3 or 4 I'd feel differently. 

• Like 5

After our blizzard, I like the look of the temps on the EPS in the long range....

EPSTemps.png

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

I think I'll wait this threat through as few more days since we're talking a time frame still centered around day 7 . Overnight was a step back for sure . If it was day 3 or 4 I'd feel differently. 

Seriously????? You know the accuracy of the models at leads is super duper stupendous. It is quite obvious at this point this storm is dead in the water. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LP08 said:

After our blizzard, I like the look of the temps on the EPS in the long range....

EPSTemps.png

Remarkable Spring weather incoming, ha ha no pending heat wave, nor dew points in the 70's , just normal. That's funny, is there a so-called normal anymore with the weather. I believe I read somewhere we have no had a so-called normal temp months in a long, long time. Maybe we get that in the extended past the early week cool down.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, frd said:

Remarkable Spring weather incoming, ha ha no pending heat wave, nor dew points in the 70's , just normal. That's funny, is there a so-called normal anymore with the weather. I believe I read somewhere we have no had a so-called normal temp months in a long, long time. Maybe we get that in the extended past the early week cool down.  

Hope it wrong but I guess spring was coming regardless just didn't think it would come in like a lion.  Time to bury myself in the basement until November. 

• Like 1

Ukmet at 144 is digging some energy down through upper midwest.  Probably still a tad too progressive but not far from something.  I'm curious to see what day 7 would show .

Screenshot_20190314-130247_Chrome_crop_540x660.jpg

The Fat Lady is Singing!!!  See you in November!!!  It is nice to know that there are other people who get upset over a lack of snow and when Spring arrives....take care all!!!

rTjKkzjpc.png

8 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Just saw this mornings 6z Navy . The most progressive model has a real strong coastal . I know I'm cherry picking but....

Screenshot_20190314-134954_Chrome_crop_540x659.jpg

What does the 12z Air Force model show?:lol: