Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The March Long Range Discussion Thread, Winter's Last Stand

stormtracker

3 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Man cut it out...ya got a foot in January and are probably above average. Acting like this winter was as bad as 2017 or 2011-12 or something...smh

In his defense for a climo plus winter it seemed much worse.  I can’t figure out why.  Maybe unrealistic expectations. If it was progged to be a disaster maybe it would feel different.  

19 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

In his defense for a climo plus winter it seemed much worse.  I can’t figure out why.  Maybe unrealistic expectations. If it was progged to be a disaster maybe it would feel different.  

To me, this winter did not feel as bad as last year or the year before did (and I haven't hit average...and likely won't unless next week becomes a legit threat, lol). It was literally average...Close misses and and no hits to make up for them make a winter much worse in my mind. This year, the only real painful miss was early December. After that, the opportunities were few, but the few we got we maximized (and had some nice "deep winter" moments). So I guess I'd put it in the "okay" category because of that!

1 hour ago, BristowWx said:

I’m sure you didn’t really think we’d get a parting HECS.  It’s just not in the cards this winter.  We’ll get em next season. 

No, we won't.  It's now or never. According to AOC, we only have 12 years left. These models are going to show all kinds of outcomes in the next three days. On Saturday we will begin to see clarity once the front moves thru.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ji said:
6 minutes ago, BristowWx said:
Didn’t we get like 6-8 inches from that.  Doesn’t look like that event.  

That's the only March clipper I can remember. We got 8-12

Wow.  Yes it just kept snowing.  Over performer.  The good old days.  

1 hour ago, Ji said:
1 hour ago, BristowWx said:

I’ll never forget that one. Definitely an overperformer. I was 8 months pregnant and driving from Fairfax to GT hospital for a job (I’m an interpreter). It was pouring snow here but I called my office in Silver Spring and it was barely doing anything there. I think we had over a foot in some areas. By the afternoon it was over and the roads were already melting. 

4 hours ago, Ji said:
4 hours ago, BristowWx said:

Nope, there was another one in March 2007. Not as impressive. 1-3”.

Just now, Scraff said:

With all the spring fans cheering and rooting hard for warmth and sunshine, how the hell are we supposed to generate a winter storm next week?  This is gonna be one tough battles of wills. :P

I stand outside every night with a portable space heater and aim it at the sky while chanting incantations and staring at pictures of tulips. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

I stand outside every night with a portable space heater and aim it at the sky while chanting incantations and staring at pictures of tulips. 

That's alright. I get up early each morning and do a dance to the Snow Gods in the nude. Have scared some of my early rising neighbors but it is well worth it.

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

That's alright. I get up early each morning and do a dance to the Snow Gods in the nude. Have scared some of my early rising neighbors but it is well worth it.

On an up note, that probably explains this winter - you've clearly scared off the snow gods too...on to spring!

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic