Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The March Long Range Discussion Thread, Winter's Last Stand

stormtracker

20 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Now you've gone too far. 

I’m originally from Waldorf, but always wanted to live in Fairfax as a kid because they had more snow than us.  Now I’m in Fairfax and want to live in Loudoun!  But I think Waldorf has had more snow than Fairfax in the past 3 years. They often do better with the southern/southeast storms. 

2 minutes ago, snowmagnet said:

I’m originally from Waldorf, but always wanted to live in Fairfax as a kid because they had more snow than us.  Now I’m in Fairfax and want to live in Loudoun!  But I think Waldorf has had more snow than Fairfax in the past 3 years. They often do better with the southern/southeast storms. 

Yeah, I grew up in southern Prince George's county and always thought Montgomery County was the snow mecca when I was younger. 

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

Yeah, I grew up in southern Prince George's county and always thought Montgomery County was the snow mecca when I was younger. 

Growing up in Takoma Park I always thought NOVA had better drugs. We had crack they had cocaine....etc.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Interesting the Ukmet ejects the weekend energy in pieces and is much weaker at 144 . Could be a possible front end hit . I mean...remember this past week the huge cutter on guidance through Detroit and 24 hours later it was a weak non phased nothing under us.  

Screenshot_20190304-121531_Chrome_crop_524x747.jpg

March 42  was similar. Bridging in the southeast is still to strong for a redox though.

13 minutes ago, mappy said:

anymore chances? 

FV3 shows possible snow on Friday.  GFS has it but weaker and warmer.  Euro doesn’t have it at all.  

Beyond that is anybody’s guess.  It may stay cold but many of us are running out of time.  

EDIT: Forgot to mention the HECS at hour 366 on the FV3.  Stock up for that one.  

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

Alright everyone, GET IT TOGETHER...this is definitely THE ONE!

fv3p_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_61.thumb.png.087afaf9068b3840b7f4b64e0078d1d3.png

Must be nice to have free time to track storms. I’m still trying to shovel all my entire winters worth of FV3 snow. Might need to drop rations into my neighborhood. It’s terrible. We’re never getting out of here.  BUT somehow the beer fridge has never looked so good. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic