Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The March Long Range Discussion Thread, Winter's Last Stand

stormtracker

Just now, psuhoffman said:

No one should be doing any victory laps based on any model runs right now, this is going to bounce around a bit before we get a better idea on the details.  The trend is definitely more amplified.  I kind of started out rooting against this wave in favor of the next one...but if this continues there won't be any next one and this is becoming "big enough" to be worth it so...  I still think that next wave had the better upside but whatever.   But the best part about this run is that MAYBE we can go an hour without CHO updates from @Snowchaser

No victory laps here. Along for the ride to see where the models take us because I really don't have a clue how this will play out.

Think you are giving up too easily on the possible Wed. system if the Monday deal amps up. Looks as there is a two day gap between these two systems which might provide enough time for recovery of heights in the east for the Wed system. Only time will tell though.

6 minutes ago, MD Snow said:

Exactly. Haha...what if the March 6 threat mysteriously turns into the March 8 threat?

the story of this winter has been delay. The epic Feb period that we were suppose to have is now delayed to early March.

As a guitar player...i love delay. As a weather hobby guy..Naso much

• Like 1

All of the possible threats remind me a lot of the late season pattern in 14&15. Clarity never came into focus until basically hr72 at best. Go back and read the disco threads. Flow is fast. Even if the euro or gfs or whatever showed a foot today I wouldn't trust a damn thing because we're always 1 run away from a big shift. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

No one should be doing any victory laps based on any model runs right now, this is going to bounce around a bit before we get a better idea on the details.  The trend is definitely more amplified.  I kind of started out rooting against this wave in favor of the next one...but if this continues there won't be any next one and this is becoming "big enough" to be worth it so...  I still think that next wave had the better upside but whatever.   But the best part about this run is that MAYBE we can go an hour without CHO updates from @Snowchaser

Shoot. I really wanted the big dog...

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

EPS is kind of deflating. Totally lost the 1st and 3rd threats and wrt to the Sunday/Monday wave there is a weird mix of weak south misses and too amplified and rain solutions. Some hits in there but honestly it was an awful 12z eps run compared to the last few runs. 

Wait 12 hours it will change again. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

EPS is kind of deflating. Totally lost the 1st and 3rd threats and wrt to the Sunday/Monday wave there is a weird mix of weak south misses and too amplified and rain solutions. Some hits in there but honestly it was an awful 12z eps run compared to the last few runs. 

Yeah no real sense of an organized “threat”.  Pretty shotgun for a 144hr threat not really have a lean either way.  Like you said, deflating.

11 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Even for the Northern crew (NYC)  it sucks.  I think we lost the good vibes today.

Normally once a downturn like this happens it does not turn around fast, or in our favor. 

But hey, just say'in. Very complex, be a fool to say this is how it will play out.  so we keep watch'in. 

I think the eps is basically saying anywhere from southern va to new york could see a decent snow storm on Sunday/Monday. I thought there was some decent hits in there for us, but just as many north hits and alot of weaker southern hits in there too. The OP seemed like the best case for us. 

2 minutes ago, Ji said:

EPS is an absolute disaster but i warned Leeburg04 that it would be. We went 7 inches to 4 inches in the mean. Looks like we finally get some prologned cold and its dry. So much  for record -SOI

I'm glad you're finally accepting blame after all of these years 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

DT got pulled back in today...

20 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

that part is funny.  if he had just stuck with winter is over and rode it to the end it would be easier to spin later. 

So tempting it is,  this game we play. 

DT could not control himself, his desire for snow was too much, and secretly his hidden desire to post the Snow Dog .  I can't blame him.   

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, frd said:

So tempting it is,  this game we play. 

DT could not control himself, his desire for snow was too much, and secretly his hidden desire to post the Snow Dog .  I can't blame him.   

And who knows he could nail it.  I see nothing from today that makes me think anything is a lock.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic