Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The March Long Range Discussion Thread, Winter's Last Stand

stormtracker

6 hours ago, Snow88 said:

Just to talk about the weather

Free country

Dude, your posts are not uber informative but they are better than 50% of the posts on here.  I agree..post where you want to post as long as it's region relative...  Never really understood the "crackdown" on out of region posting.  Weird....just like this hobby I guess. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Yes ...and the Eps followed but I'm giving it a couple more days.  Today's threat didn't become clear until 72 hours out ...at the 120 mark most models were very progressive and look now at the buckled look and I know you know that but just saying ....Being centered close to  day 5 still this is far from set. 6z Gfs already looks different at h5 compared to 0z . Fv3 actually is somewhat close to something.  Hey...we're in the bonus anyway :scooter:

We’re not close to done. Still have this to track. 

F8C59C59-BA72-4CFF-B25F-FD3E283ECAA9.thumb.png.d9a081a0dc7d91a2b41e5850b57cab57.png

with the new FV3 we could be doing this to July. 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Yes ...and the Eps followed but I'm giving it a couple more days.  Today's threat didn't become clear until 72 hours out ...at the 120 mark most models were very progressive and look now at the buckled look and I know you know that but just saying ....Being centered close to  day 5 still this is far from set. 6z Gfs already looks different at h5 compared to 0z . Fv3 actually is somewhat close to something.  Hey...we're in the bonus anyway :scooter:

Wow, when you meant the EPS followed you really meant it. Not a single member with snowfall over an inch for anywhere outside the mountains.

16 hours ago, Ji said:

Dt says your on crack lol511502605bf052ee211afea24567000f.jpg

On Sunday he posted this.....Data this morning keeps it dry through March 24....thats 14 days.  River levels will drop that MUD in your backyard will become solid.   Less than 84 hours later we have flooding rains in Virginia........ March 24 is Sunday just to remind you.......    thats a BUST

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Subtropics said:

How are y'all still hoping for snow? Isn't everyone ready for spring lol where you can actually enjoy time outside?

a month ago today's event would have been at least mixed precip.  Other than that cant complain about 40s and rain.  If you squint it looks like snow.  Overperformer for sure.

8 minutes ago, Subtropics said:

How are y'all still hoping for snow? Isn't everyone ready for spring lol where you can actually enjoy time outside?

If the alternative is 45 and downpours then gimme snow.  We don’t get nice weather anymore so might as well snow until it switches to summer. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Subtropics said:

I love nice weather But It’s warm 90% of the time for 6 months.  It’s not rare. It’s not something I need to worry about. We will get plenty of warm nice days. Snow is way more rare.  But you know that your just trolling. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Can’t remember the exact year of the last one..want to say 1998

Not the most recent one, but per: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2014/04/03/you-wont-believe-how-late-it-snowed-in-d-c-in-colonial-times/?utm_term=.bfbf413844f7

• The Great April Fools Day Storm of 1807. From the Ohio Valley to the northern mid-Atlantic, anywhere from 1-4 feet of snow accumulated, with the higher amounts, of course, in central Pennsylvania, New York, and New England.
  • April 5, 1863 recorded 12 inches of snow in Georgetown, Washington, D.C.
  • DC's latest measurable snow was on April 28, 1898, when .5 inches fell. 
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BristowWx said:

Can’t remember the exact year of the last one..want to say 1998

There's been several April Fool's Day storms- I think you're referring to 1997 which was a shutout for the airports. I believe the most recent accumulating April Fool's Day event was 1964. The biggest one by far was 1924 though. I'm really into late season anomalous snows- there's some more posted about them in the snowfall contest thread. B)

• Like 1