Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The March Long Range Discussion Thread, Winter's Last Stand

stormtracker

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

I think I'll wait this threat through as few more days since we're talking a time frame still centered around day 7 . Overnight was a step back for sure . If it was day 3 or 4 I'd feel differently. 

Seriously????? You know the accuracy of the models at leads is super duper stupendous. It is quite obvious at this point this storm is dead in the water. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LP08 said:

After our blizzard, I like the look of the temps on the EPS in the long range....

EPSTemps.png

Remarkable Spring weather incoming, ha ha no pending heat wave, nor dew points in the 70's , just normal. That's funny, is there a so-called normal anymore with the weather. I believe I read somewhere we have no had a so-called normal temp months in a long, long time. Maybe we get that in the extended past the early week cool down.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, frd said:

Remarkable Spring weather incoming, ha ha no pending heat wave, nor dew points in the 70's , just normal. That's funny, is there a so-called normal anymore with the weather. I believe I read somewhere we have no had a so-called normal temp months in a long, long time. Maybe we get that in the extended past the early week cool down.  

Hope it wrong but I guess spring was coming regardless just didn't think it would come in like a lion.  Time to bury myself in the basement until November. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blizzardmeiser said:

Yes, looking forward to a long spring and then a summer that doesn't go above 80!

Maine might be for you.  We’ll be topping 80 in a month.  If I liked warm weather every day would be magical living here April to October.  

44 minutes ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

Give it a rest. Other than conversational flakes for people like you, winter is over. 

Tried to ignore your comments the last few weeks but this is over the top. What the he!! is your problem? The solution is simple, if this thread and the people in it offend you then just don't come into it. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

25 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Tried to ignore your comments the last few weeks but this is over the top. What the he!! is your problem? The solution is simple, if this thread and the people in it offend you then just don't come into it. 

He enjoys misery and misery loves company. Same song and dance the past two winters.

1 hour ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

Give it a rest. Other than conversational flakes for people like you, winter is over. 

Wanna know why Bob and some others keep leaving the forum? Because of precisely the kind of thing you're doing right now. We get it...winter overall didn't pan out. I hear you...but don't go railing on other posters and repeating it over and over again. Take some time to consider how your posts may affect others (I know I certainly have this winter).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

I thought day 6 Ukmet on Meteocentre looked half decent at h5 . Here's day 7 . It looks like it might close off at 500 . As long as models or ensembles keep hinting or  spitting out similar looks I'll keep tracking this time frame. 

UK - hr 168

Screenshot_20190314-182926_Chrome_crop_536x773.jpg

Here's the link ...

https://ruc.noaa.gov/hfip/tcgen/

That’s more than ok. As long as the h5 is “close” it continues to be worth keeping an eye on. Obviously probabilities favor the progressive solution but it’s not dead and buried yet.  On life support though. Lol 

Another issue were fighting even if the amplified h5 comes true is the weird convective disjointed nature of spring systems vs a more classic winter synoptic setup. 

1 hour ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Wanna know why Bob and some others keep leaving the forum? Because of precisely the kind of thing you're doing right now. We get it...winter overall didn't pan out. I hear you...but don't go railing on other posters and repeating it over and over again. Take some time to consider how your posts may affect others (I know I certainly have this winter).

like most left this place - too many snowflakes inside and not enough outside .   

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic