Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The March Long Range Discussion Thread, Winter's Last Stand

stormtracker

2 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Northern Outer Banks. Right on Currituck Sound across from Corolla. 

Wow.  Very nice.  Your Hurricane obs will make us all jealous.  No reason you can’t post here.  We are way cool compared to any other sub forum.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Man....Millville only said what many were already thinking.  You have an incredible gift of delivering your thoughts on paper ( text) that just flows and not to mention in a manner that anyone from a total noobie to a  red tagger can understand and grasp the content  . It's a pleasure to have you here. :)

But don't go getting to big a head about it lol

Thanks. My wife writes for a living and she might disagree with you. Let's just say she is a tough grader. So no worries about me getting a big head. :lol: 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Headed for Corolla for Spring Break with a group of upstanding young people... we’ll stop by and wave!

Will you wow the young ladies with your knowledge of weather?  Cold air damming and 850 temps 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, showmethesnow said:

Thanks. My wife writes for a living and she might disagree with you. Let's just say she is a tough grader. So no worries about me getting a big head. :lol: 

LOL!  Well, I'll 2nd, 3rd, 4th...or whatever...what others have said.  I have always appreciated your analysis, it's very knowledgeable and informative, not to mention descriptive.  Hope you keep that going!  I think you, @Bob Chill and @psuhoffman are like the mid-Atlantic troika of analysis and information.  Like having 3 starting ace pitchers.  Level-headed and objective, with an edge of humor when needed.  Or instead of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, you're like the three horsemen of winter (in a good way of course!).  Or something like that...I'll dispense with the silly analogies now! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ji said:

you will see some snow from time to time there

Yes...a friend of mine has lived there for 20 years. Said the most they ever got at one time was 5 inches. Ironically they had more snow I had more snow than I had in Woodbridge the two years prior to this one. Not a flake all this year there. 

19 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Yes...a friend of mine has lived there for 20 years. Said the most they ever got at one time was 5 inches. Ironically they had more snow I had more snow than I had in Woodbridge the two years prior to this one. Not a flake all this year there. 

They had a good one in 2003, was actually there the day after looking for wedding venues, most of it was melted, but still pretty cool.  Winter of 2002-2003 will always have a place in my heart.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi9lb__uOzgAhWvct8KHUrKBtgQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wral.com%2Fnews%2Flocal%2Fstory%2F1089941%2F&psig=AOvVaw0cabhHwLuWP9-nJ5YmctEn&ust=1551924923420299

1 hour ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

I always thought mentioning the phase of the MJO was a good pick-up line, but never know with the younger crowd nowadays!! :lol:

Try this line.......ever been with a man who slant sticks it!? Should work out well. :huh:

:lol:

• Haha 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic