Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The March Long Range Discussion Thread, Winter's Last Stand

stormtracker

28 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Seems like the theme today is for rain changing to snow for us...but like I said, we're not far from mostly snow.  

I do like that cold press. Cold coming in vice leaving seems good.  But we have never been good with south trends.  So it’s a wash.  We are talking 10s of miles as depicted.  Not bad.  

1 minute ago, BristowWx said:

I do like that cold press. Cold coming in vice leaving seems good.  But we have never been good with south trends.  So it’s a wash.  We are talking 10s of miles as depicted.  Not bad.  

It can work. The other day Bob mentioned march 2014 and 2015. Both years the early march storms were rain to snow with very cold behind them.

3 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

It can work. The other day Bob mentioned march 2014 and 2015. Both years the early march storms were rain to snow with very cold behind them.

If I lived where you are I would be all smiles right now.  I like where you sit for this.  no way you get fringed I know it..I can feel it.

• Haha 1

The coastal that is beginning to be advertised starting Friday night into Saturday should be monitored for a number of reasons. First, It could surprise some people along the northern tier into southern pa  with some unexpected snow. See the 12k nam and cmc for reference. Second, it’s strength moving up the coast will impact our Sunday/Monday threat. The stronger it gets, the lower the heights and temps behind it and the colder our Monday storm becomes. I believe showme had a post this morning harping on the potential this had. Will be interesting to monitor. One way or the other we have a solid 10 day window with accumulating snow potential. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MD Snow said:

The coastal that is beginning to be advertised starting Friday night into Saturday should be monitored for a number of reasons. First, It could surprise some people along the northern tier into southern pa  with some unexpected snow. See the 12k nam and cmc for reference. Second, it’s strength moving up the coast will impact our Sunday/Monday threat. The stronger it gets, the lower the heights and temps behind it and the colder our Monday storm becomes. I believe showme had a post this morning harping on the potential this had. Will be interesting to monitor. One way or the other we have a solid 10 day window with accumulating snow potential. 

I can't wait to track this over the course of the next week. March storms seem to be the most fun.

20 minutes ago, Hyphnx said:

Let's go with that one. Still has RIC in the blue. Love ya Ji

even a few southern solutions in the mix.  we all need those.  if you see Manchester getting slammed with blue fading to gray at this point its curtains.  big Euro run coming up..and this is usually when it pulls a turd casserole with cheese out of the oven

Just now, BristowWx said:

even a few southern solutions in the mix.  we all need those.  if you see Manchester getting slammed with blue fading to gray at this point its curtains.  big Euro run coming up..and this is usually when it pulls a turd casserole with cheese out of the oven

You mean the Euro that gave us snow then gave us sunny skies but now gives us snow again....that euro?

2 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

You mean the Euro that gave us snow then gave us sunny skies but now gives us snow again....that euro?

The Euro is far from decided. Rain is modeled but it is not the same Euro to me anymore.  Very shaky at times.    

Not wish casting but definitely still in the game:  fact very cold air pressing in from the West on Sunday/Monday.  If the timing of the low slows down 6-12 hours or if the cold air presses more than currently modeled we are going to see wintry precip. in the area.  Fun to have things to track in late February/early March!  Wasn't it yesterday that everything was being suppressed?  Now we just need a 50-100 shift in 4 days? 

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Euro is bad... and it's been trending that way consistently for several runs now.  Doesn't mean its right but hurts confidence.  The euro was over amplified with several systems the last 2 years though so there is that.  

just go with the models that give you the most snow

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic