• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

6 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

Lots of wave confusion going on here...3 total waves in my eyes.  The one approaching tonight that I see as minoring out as a coastal takes over and skirts East North East Friday night...then the third Wave later in the weekend. 

yes.

I'd think tonight and sunday are ones of substance for our region.

saturday is sort of blip in the progression, and not likely to impact sunday/monday IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

correct me if i'm wrong, but next Monday/Tuesday look to be single digit lows!?

Pretty much. It's gonna be COLD next week.

Which is funny because my nephew and his fiance will be here (well, Philly/DC/NYC next week) and they are from Houston and she doesn't own anything more than a hoodie. We're meeting them Wednesday night for dinner in Philly so I can't wait to ask her how the frostbite is going. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, daxx said:

Gfs looking even better tomorrow.   Tomorrow night it has really increased qpf as well.Temps a little warm for my liking for Friday night.

you ready to put your trust in it?

IMO, the better tomorrow night is, the better chance sunday has a chance to tick south, as #1 can pull the boundary a little further south.  Thats what the weenie in me is hoping for anyway.

13 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

IMO, the better tomorrow night is, the better chance sunday has a chance to tick south, as #1 can pull the boundary a little further south.  Thats what the weenie in me is hoping for anyway.

Sunday actually ticked warmer on the 12z than 6z on gfs for us in the southeast. Central and north look great. Cmc a tad warmer too.

Winter Weather Advisory is posted on NWS State College site for the southern counties but for some reason it doesn't look like their system pushed out the alert because it's not showing up anywhere that I usually see it...

Cambria-Blair-Huntingdon-Somerset-Bedford-Fulton-Franklin-
Including the cities of Johnstown, Altoona, Huntingdon,
Mount Union, Somerset, Bedford, McConnellsburg, and Chambersburg
1021 AM EST Thu Feb 28 2019

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO
8 AM EST FRIDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 4
  inches are expected.

* WHERE...Portions of central Pennsylvania.

* WHEN...From 9 PM this evening to 8 AM EST Friday.

Cumberland-Adams-York-Lancaster-
Including the cities of Carlisle, Gettysburg, York, and Lancaster
1021 AM EST Thu Feb 28 2019

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 8 AM EST
FRIDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 3 inches
  are expected.

* WHERE...Cumberland, Adams, York and Lancaster Counties.

* WHEN...From 1 AM to 8 AM EST Friday.

37 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Nut... just to clarify I agree with you.  I'm just stating what the gfs shows.  We all know never put all your marbles into any model three days out.

50 minutes ago, daxx said:

Nut... just to clarify I agree with you.  I'm just stating what the gfs shows.  We all know never put all your marbles into any model three days out.

I get ya.  No prob. 

I've been too busy to look today but really want to.  I trust you guys to share what you see and get your pbp.

GFS warm bias might help a bit as well.  look at NAM/CMC to see if they agree.  IF they do....well then....were cooked.

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

FWIW..."the guy from Millersville that will go unnamed" is saying that the big show on Sunday/Monday will see the rain/snow line set up between Harrisburg and Philly. Sounds like most of you N&W of me are sitting pretty. 

Dave Tolleris moved to Millersville?  When the hell did that happen? 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, canderson said:

Just told a coworker we probably get an inch or two of snow early tomorrow morning.

Was told it's March and snow doesn't stick to anything other than grass.

I hate people. 

The last two Marches have brought colossal snowstorms to Harrisburg. How ****ing stupid are people?

3 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

I was being a smart ass.  FWIW, I love when you pass on Horst info.  Climo there is a little different than here but not much and he keeps us grounded and I already have too many things going on to have to check yet another weather site. 

Okay...he's not enthused for tomorrow night, echoing Brian's (daxx) sentiment about temps in the lowest 5000' of the atmosphere. He's calling for a small slushy mix. 

He IS calling for a few areas to get up to 5" tonight however. 

That's all I'm saying from him. I promised myself to chill during my imposed ban. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

I hate to post them as I feel like I doing his job and taking away his steam.  LOL

thats really funny....and likely true.

Glad to hear GEFS looks great. 

I peeked at nooners, and see the wagons north camp forming for Monday.....<_<.