• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

8 hours ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Over 2” here

Thing is...there was an isolated cell that popped pretty much right over me yesterday around 1pm. I was on the board before just about everyone else in here. That was the heaviest ran I saw from the event. After 2:00pm I picked up about a quarter inch. Everything of significance ran up just west of the river. 

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Thing is...there was an isolated cell that popped pretty much right over me yesterday around 1pm. I was on the board before just about everyone else in here. That was the heaviest ran I saw from the event. After 2:00pm I picked up about a quarter inch. Everything of significance ran up just west of the river. 

And yet CTP's graphical qpf map had the heaviest rain east of the Susquehanna...lol

Forecast high was 72. Currently 78. 

Top 3 warmest April ever looks almost likely at this point. Yesterday at KMDT the average temp was 68. Today it will be around 66. On Average we don’t have average temps like these until last week in May or first week in June.

. Pro

2 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

Top 3 warmest April ever looks almost likely at this point. Yesterday at KMDT the average temp was 68. Today it will be around 66. On Average we don’t have average temps like these until last week in May or first week in June.

. Pro

It's funny how everyone just seems to think that these are the typical temperatures for this time of year.  I checked my normals and for today my normal high is 65 with a normal low of 40 and a mean of 53.  My low overnight/this morning was a whopping 64!!  High temp was 75.  That gives a mean of 70 which is 17 degrees above normal.   Precip-wise I'm up to 4.41" for the month with 10 days left to go.  Normal precip for whole month is 3.74".  So, wet and warm April thus far.

Finally...has anyone noticed how we have had southerly winds all day today??  When was the last time you saw winds from the south bring in a refreshing breeze with dewpoints progressively lowering through the 40's?  I don't know if I've ever seen that happen.

11 hours ago, CarlislePaWx said:

It's funny how everyone just seems to think that these are the typical temperatures for this time of year.  I checked my normals and for today my normal high is 65 with a normal low of 40 and a mean of 53.  My low overnight/this morning was a whopping 64!!  High temp was 75.  That gives a mean of 70 which is 17 degrees above normal.   Precip-wise I'm up to 4.41" for the month with 10 days left to go.  Normal precip for whole month is 3.74".  So, wet and warm April thus far.

Finally...has anyone noticed how we have had southerly winds all day today??  When was the last time you saw winds from the south bring in a refreshing breeze with dewpoints progressively lowering through the 40's?  I don't know if I've ever seen that happen.

I definitely agree. I went out this morning and it was 53 degrees and I thought it was chilly even though my average morning low for this time of year is 43. Half the time I'm self guessing if these temps are normal or not. The min temps are what's throwing me off lol

3 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Despite the above normal temperatures in the east this month, there was snow yesterday in the mountains of North Carolina Above 3,000 feet. That’s pretty impressive for late April! 

I have extended family that live in the mountains down their. Above 3000' snow in April is fairly common though it doesn't happen every year. Above 5000' snow can and does fall into the first couple of weeks of May.

Pea sized hail in midtown HBG 

You most definitely caught the core then. I sat out on the back porch and enjoyed the nice little show. More action with this one here then any on the headline days these past couple weeks. Figures there was only a 20% chance this morning.

. Pro

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

I'm wondering if we actually get a SPC Day 1 SLGHT tomorrow. 

ehhh I don't know. I don't think so. I think maybe farther south into the mid-Atlantic where low-level lapse rates will be steeper, but the weak mid-level lapse rates will hinder the overall potential. Basically...any svr is isolated as opposed to scattered.