• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

4 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

We just need one of these waves to go under us, give us a plowable snow, and make the lack of spring worth it.  FV3 showed 6-12" on the 6Z model (for early next week-southern half of PA) so the synoptic weather chance is there just need the actual results to happen. 

Let’s do it !

I’ll dust off my KU books to see what I can find for historical April snow in CTP.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

The wind today, at my place, is worse than the great Wind Storm of 2019 (Late Feb?).  Have seen a couple gusts over 60 near me and sustained we are getting 30-35 right now.  

I legit had to grab a stop sign to not get knocked over by it this afternoon.

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Surprised CTP is not playing up tonight into tomorrow...EC really going gung ho with cold air sticking in with accums and temps well below freezing. 

image.thumb.png.7fa05bbf14b39e43eed93989299fb031.png

image.thumb.png.07a97c4f97000799578fe02197b4b966.png

Yes, & the 18z GFS upped the ante!

Maybe some folks will come out of hibernation in here if we see some snow or mixed  precip overnight!

84452FF6-FFB6-49A4-844C-48291FF67159.png

A4F7CF10-1555-4AEC-BB30-695494F33CBF.png

22 minutes ago, canderson said:

Man those models did terrible, didn't they? 

Probably...but it's currently 40.5 degrees BUT with a dewpoint of 22.  No precip here yet.  There's definitely wet bulb potential to drop to at least 37, maybe 36.  Obviously if anything frozen were to fall it wouldn't accumulate, but I wouldn't be shocked to see something frozen fall from the sky once the temp reaches 37.

3 hours ago, canderson said:

My post about models falling earlier - yea I’m an idiot and thought they were 12 hrs earlier than the forecast. 

If anyone needs math help, I’m your man.

Well...I was in agreement with you when you said that this morning. I thought we were getting an all-day rain when in reality nothing happened at all until 12:30pm. I was also surprised that we had a solid hour of sleet - it started when it was 46 but it quickly fell to 39 within the first 10 minutes of the onset. Actually, I can't remember the last time we had a solid hour of sleet here! 

30 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Never observed any frozen here today.  The rainfall rate was never very high here, though.  It's been raining since early afternoon and I've only recorded 0.16" for the entire day.

Seems like much of the frozen was east of the river...at least in the southern half of Pa.