• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Did someone mention wind?

For a moment today I thought I was on Front Street in Harrisburg...we came across a large tree that was down across the trail. :)

By the way, time must be slipping past me even faster in my old age. I stumbled into the Yankees thread earlier and discovered that their season is over. I could have swore they only played 3 games but what do I know? 

37 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

12Z Euro Snow depth Friday night...still something to watch.  And more snow changes the following week.

image.thumb.png.d3488fce03b92030582b07c47500d36c.png

Yes, the 12z Euro still had front end frozen for Friday am for CTP.

The I-80 crew has the chance for a few inches of snow. 

if Charlotte, NC can get snow today, then we could have a chance later this week!

39604EA9-E0A7-408A-9CCA-9E15B72BF589.png

55325312-E878-4667-8B5D-4BB3A11EB3C7.png

0629FFE9-DB22-4240-8290-AB23C4CE151F.png

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Whatever Voo Doo dance the winternista's are doing it is working.  Several chances of snow for different parts of PA, over the next two weeks, with no sign of sustained warm temps (well above average). 

i'm ok not having temps above average in the spring. If we get to hot to quick, my 90 year old lilacs don't do well. 

17 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i'm ok not having temps above average in the spring. If we get to hot to quick, my 90 year old lilacs don't do well. 

This looks more like well below average after this weekend (well maybe after mid next week-edit).  0Z EC has NE PA getting 2 fairly decent accumulating snow events in the next 240 hours.   About 6-8" between the two.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Whatever Voo Doo dance the winternista's are doing it is working.  Several chances of snow for different parts of PA, over the next two weeks, with no sign of sustained warm temps (well above average). 

We haven't had "spring" in a few years. It seems like once April rolls around, we experience a couple of warm days followed by a week of cold and wet, and this doesn't change until after Memorial Day. This has seemed to cost us spring thunderstorms and warmth. 

While I'm fine with it not being 100°F in May, I'd like this nonsense of second fall and false spring to stop.

4 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

We haven't had "spring" in a few years. It seems like once April rolls around, we experience a couple of warm days followed by a week of cold and wet, and this doesn't change until after Memorial Day. This has seemed to cost us spring thunderstorms and warmth. 

While I'm fine with it not being 100°F in May, I'd like this nonsense of second fall and false spring to stop.

The Euro has a massive -NAO for most of April (good timing right?) so expect a lot of 40 and rain. 

2 hours ago, canderson said:

The Euro has a massive -NAO for most of April (good timing right?) so expect a lot of 40 and rain. 

I really do think that is the new weather pattern establishing itself. We won't live to see it's completion, but I wouldn't be shocked if I were to go forward several hundred (thousand) years that the seasons have staggered a few months and April-May-June is late winter-early spring.

2 hours ago, Atomixwx said:

Agree 100%.

9 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I really do think that is the new weather pattern establishing itself. We won't live to see it's completion, but I wouldn't be shocked if I were to go forward several hundred (thousand) years that the seasons have staggered a few months and April-May-June is late winter-early spring.

It sure does seem like we are headed in that general direction. But it raises the question of how something like that could happen if Earth's axis of rotation and/or orbit doesn't change. 

3 hours ago, canderson said:

We just need one of these waves to go under us, give us a plowable snow, and make the lack of spring worth it.  FV3 showed 6-12" on the 6Z model (for early next week-southern half of PA) so the synoptic weather chance is there just need the actual results to happen. 

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

We just need one of these waves to go under us, give us a plowable snow, and make the lack of spring worth it.  FV3 showed 6-12" on the 6Z model (for early next week-southern half of PA) so the synoptic weather chance is there just need the actual results to happen. 

:facepalm:

• Haha 1