• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Which will be the first town in the LSV to 80 today.  Glad to say my house is lagging behind after several days of being the hot plate of the area.  Dover is 74 right now,  Columbia 73, Middletown 71. 

I literally just drove through Columbia on my way home from work and I had 75 in town at one point. Currently sitting at 72.2 at home. 

51 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I literally just drove through Columbia on my way home from work and I had 75 in town at one point. Currently sitting at 72.2 at home. 

77 just south of Carlisle at Boiling Springs and 79 just south of Millersville are the two highest temps I see right now.  These are unoffical of course but as long as they are not more than 2-3 degrees higher than their neighbors I think they are fairly legit. 

Where did this come from?!?!? Easily the worst storm here in recent memory...hail bigger than pea size along with blinding wind and rain. Literally could not see more than 50'. This was NOT forecast that I saw. Lightning and thunder but nothing super close. Winds were probably 30-40mph so sub-severe but still a very impressive event.

Edit: Picked up nearly .5" of rain in 12 minutes. 

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Where did this come from?!?!? Easily the worst storm here in recent memory...hail bigger than pea size along with blinding wind and rain. Literally could not see more than 50'. This was NOT forecast that I saw. Lightning and thunder but nothing super close. Winds were probably 30-40mph so sub-severe but still a very impressive event.

Yep, hail here as well.  Maybe half a dozen lightning strikes.

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

Some hail in the storm moving out of Carroll county MD into PA now. 

Please post here more often!

The Mid Atlantic thread is tough to read unless you, @showmethesnow & @Bob ChiII are posting. Today in particular that long range thread was brutal. Normally I enjoy scrolling through it each day, but lately the bad posts have been out numbering the good.

We have a good group here & many are from southern PA, so our climo is similar to yours. 

Hopefully we get to score some more snow before we are done for good this season!

40 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Wow ! CTP has no headlines for this !