• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I stay mostly in Ocala but we have an office in Orlando as well.  I play tennis, though nt much since moving up here, and have a friend I play with each trip down there so rain is going to ruin my workout.  

Ah nice, the wife and travel to Port Richey every other to visit her parents.  The drive is brutal. 

1 minute ago, daxx said:

Ah nice, the wife and travel to Port Richey every other to visit her parents.  The drive is brutal. 

Yea, it is brutal to drive especially if during a holiday.  I lived near Tampa for a year so familar with Port Richey. Surely you have been to Honeymoon Island then?  Funny but that part of Florida is where it snows 2 out of 4 years on average.  No accums in quite a bit but the Fake/Ocean Effect type snows.  

We have driven 4-5 times in the last decade and always took 95 to 83 but this last time we took the Virginia route that keeps you on 81 a long time (and through Charlotte). I really, really do not like 81 through the southern half of VA. Too hilly and too many rolling road blocks with trucks.

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, it is brutal to drive especially if during a holiday.  I lived near Tampa for a year so familar with Port Richey. Surely you have been to Honeymoon Island then?  Funny but that part of Florida is where it snows 2 out of 4 years on average.  No accums in quite a bit but the Fake/Ocean Effect type snows.  

We have driven 4-5 times in the last decade and always took 95 to 83 but this last time we took the Virginia route that keeps you on 81 a long time (and through Charlotte). I really, really do not like 81 through the southern half of VA. Too hilly and too many rolling road blocks with trucks.

Yes have been there.  It is really beautiful but it is just too damn hot and humid in the summertime. I will have to try 81 for something different next time we go.  

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I travel to Florida at least once a year and always drive. I don't care for the 81/77/26 route, did that once and that was once too many. I actually like 95...once I'm past Richmond :)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

A few hours ago Colorado Springs had
I think most people in this area would have a stroke if we ever saw 6 hours of heavy snow, winds sustained at 40 with guests to 60

. Pro

There was a lesser known storm March 3-4th, 1999 that did something similar in this area. A deepening low that traversed into VA before exploding and moving from DC over eastern PA into upstate NY. The first half of it was a heavy rainstorm that transitioned to snow in the late evening and I remember being woke up in the middle of the night to howling wind and thundersnow. We then lost power for the rest of the night into most of the morning. Was a 6-8hr period of whiteout conditions. Pretty much the windstorm of a couple weeks ago plus 4-6 inches of snow (Laurel's up into western NY had much more. That's the most vivd example of legitimate blizzard conditions I can ever remember since I was only 7 for the 93 storm. Hard to find stuff on this event, I guess maybe that old easternwx archive that's been shared in here today might have something.

030409.png.thumb.gif.fdfd7c2cb2ca8d04da375dee98d1dc81.gif 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

who runs that forum? He got pissed here and left several years ago. He is a good dude.

Yeah, I remember when he started to get the @ss of it here.  It is a shame, I liked having him here.  Not sure if the Collins of the crew sent him packin or what, but he was straightforward and level headed.  He should come back now, its a little different.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sauss06 said:

who runs that forum? He got pissed here and left several years ago. He is a good dude.

It's Tombo's forum. He still posts occasionally in the mid-Atlantic sub, but he started Phillywx and has several good mets from the Philly area that contribute a lot over there. Not as much activity as these boards but it is a very good forum in that it has good posters posting good information with little to no outright weenie junk.  

I was posting there regularly during my hiatus from on here. There are 2 or 3 other posters from Lancaster that contribute as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

Yeah, I remember when he started to get the @ss of it here.  It is a shame, I liked having him here.  Not sure if the Collins of the crew sent him packin or what, but he was straightforward and level headed.  He should come back now, its a little different.

Jamie was fantastic. It would be, indeed, awesome if you would come back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It's Tombo's forum. He still posts occasionally in the mid-Atlantic sub, but he started Phillywx and has several good mets from the Philly area that contribute a lot over there. Not as much activity as these boards but it is a very good forum in that it has good posters posting good information with little to no outright weenie junk.  

I was posting there regularly during my hiatus from on here. There are 2 or 3 other posters from Lancaster that contribute as well. 

Im signed up but rather post here.  There is a small, but good group there for sure.

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

62 now at LNS. 

I have been keeping my eye on Western PA as there are several 80 degree home station reports now.  That is pretty warm.  We went down a couple degrees here when some cirrus tempered the sun a bit so 68 now.   Lots of 65-70's in Adams and York county.  York itself is at 65.  

4 minutes ago, daxx said:

That had to be the most boring Euro run of the Winter.  If it is right we will definitely dry out the next 10 days.  Maybe we can hope for a fluke late month or early April. 

So no tracking Monday's clipper on the Euro?  It certainly did not look robust at the end of the NAM run.