• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

8 minutes ago, 2001kx said:

Whatever happend to HM?

Does he still post? I never venture out of this subforum.

He tweets almost completely non comprehendable weather jargon that is posted on the MA long thread quite a bit.  When I say non comprehendable that is not an insult vs. a suggestion that it is way over my head!

22 minutes ago, 2001kx said:

:D 

Here is his page.  Probably best to do whatever calms oneself before reading his tweets as any lack of patience or concentration and one loses train of thought and has to start over to figure out the riddle of his words meanings.

https://twitter.com/antmasiello?lang=en

https://www.linkedin.com/in/anthony-masiello-337b6b42/

20 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Cool dude, just shoot address in pm and their yours haha...get some use out of them.

PM sent! 

We're in NYC Friday through Sunday night - what type of jacket should I take? Temps look like the annoying cold in the a.m. but warm quickly in the pm before dropping off again later. And I hate carrying a coat when I'm not wearing it. 

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

On another person, does anyone know why Ian left American?  Did he get his degree and move on to more important things?  I have not seen him anywhere.  Jerry is still here if anyone remembers him...in the NE sub forum. 

Yea Ian and Ellenwood both were straight shooters when it came to weather. I miss going down there and reading there thoughts. 

4 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Don't remember that name. 

Whatever happened to the guy from southern York county that always posted pics of his deck with 6" of new snow on it when everyone else around him had 2"? I think his name was Blizzard of something...

It was his neighbors deck

In CASHTOWN

:P

5 hours ago, daxx said:

Yea I’ve been on here since 08 back when it was eastern, I didn’t post very much for years. I would occasionally post. I can remember some totally opposite of you guys.  I think one was Collin if I’m not mistaken, he was a gem! Lol

Yeah there were a few that really rained on the snow parade.  Always made me wonder whey they even came here?  I hate heat and humidity, so coming here in the middle of it is just a kick in the jax for me (no offense to the warmies).  I check in to let ya'll know I'm chillin, but it aint my gig, so let those who love it, have it.  

It is a weather forum, not just a snow forum, so I guess its fair to poo poo, but when folks just say i hate this or I hate that, and add little to the discussion on a weather board, and do it OVER AND OVER.....AND OVER....your gonna get trolled.  Warmies seem to foget how BIG their window is....and how small ours is.  Thats my biggest gripe.

I will say that last couple of years, I was glad for our horrid winter to be over as i wasted much of my life searchin for snow, with little ROI.  This year I will miss it more as we did actually have a dog in the hunt on multiple occasions, and a decent amount of chatter regarding it....no matter the result.  That sure is a fun part of this hobby for me.  I learned a little more, and had fun along the way.  Good stuff.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sauss06 said:

I remember Collin. I think we went at it a couple times.

don't remember that one

I remember him, but i don't recall that incident?

there was another guy from southern York county, he was an EMA guy in Maryland. He spent more time in the MA forum then ours but came in on occasion

@sauss06

Eskimo Joe.  He now stays in the MA forum......and gets trolled pretty hard there.  

If you strive at being a good met/hobbyist, you cant let your bias show through like he does.  Really takes away from credibility, and in this sport, credibility is really something that is hard to obtain.  Just look at the MA (and other forums)as to how there is a meteo pecking order of sorts.  Im not here to be "the guy".  I'm just here to have fun n share what I know, and learn along the way.  

Edit. Just read the multiple post suggesting Joe and finding it wasn’t him. Lol. 

5 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

No idea. I always wondered if the weenies down there wore him out. He was very good, meaning, he would post it as it was without sugar coating it and some of the weenies would take him to the shed. Between Ian and Matt (zwyts, westminster deathband, deck pic) that sub had 2 of the very best non-met posters around. Ian hardly if ever posts and Deck Pic only posts when snow is imminent. 

The lawyer dude mitchnik in the MA forum left last year, and Bob Chill may be on the ropes from this year.

It is tough looking at everything every 6 hours for days on end "in search of" and it really does wear on ones soul.  I was really really burnt last season....and while better this year, its still been a tough one for my area as we were close on many, but really missed the good ones.  I did get enough to head into hibernation in a little better shape this year.

Good stuff in here today from everyone. It was a good trip down Memory lane.

The 12z Euro has a Clipper for CTP on Monday. I would take another 1 or 2 inches of snow. The current timing of this little  storm looks good as well.

Hopefully the long shot coastal chance for later next week improves the over the next few days.

979B7ABD-42B7-4695-90D4-85C9154A6D31.png

C82C0DF3-957F-4BE1-9A67-82240624B5CF.png

2 hours ago, pasnownut said:

@sauss06

Eskimo Joe.  He now stays in the MA forum......and gets trolled pretty hard there.  

If you strive at being a good met/hobbyist, you cant let your bias show through like he does.  Really takes away from credibility, and in this sport, credibility is really something that is hard to obtain.  Just look at the MA (and other forums)as to how there is a meteo pecking order of sorts.  Im not here to be "the guy".  I'm just here to have fun n share what I know, and learn along the way.  

Edit. Just read the multiple post suggesting Joe and finding it wasn’t him. Lol. 

I don't think he's referring to Matt. (Eskimo Joe) I think, if I recall his name was Tony, but that wasn't his screen name. I've been thinking about it since this afternoon and I can't come up with it. 

19 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I don't think he's referring to Matt. (Eskimo Joe) I think, if I recall his name was Tony, but that wasn't his screen name. I've been thinking about it since this afternoon and I can't come up with it. 

Was it oem? I'm sure that's who you mean, he was one of a kind.

• Thanks 1

Hi guys.  Sorry I'm late to the reminiscing party!  I won't try to add very much since a lot has already been said.  I joined EUSWX on December 5, 2005.  I certainly remember Colin as being a very negative ned.  Nothing positive could ever come out of his mouth.  I actually think I remember him saying one day that he could ride his bicycle off a cliff and no one would care.  So he was either looking for attention or had some serious psychological issues.

Marcus was either the original founder of Eastern or he was the co-founder with Randy.  It pretty much seemed like the two of them ran the show on the board.  I do think that Marcus was the principle IT guy when it came to the server stuff and keeping the board online.

Some of you might remember the poster winterymix who lived in Maryland.  He was an Optometrist like myself and we communicated with each other periodically.  Since I virtually never go into the MA forum I don't know if he is still active there or not anymore. 

Regarding I83Blizzard...yes I always questioned how he managed to be the winner in so many events, BUT, he almost always posted pictures from his deck with rulers showing the snow depth.  I think his location on South Mountain and his elevation put him in a very unique position to capitalize on marginal events.  You certainly couldn't question his upbeat nature.  I guess it's easy to be upbeat when you're seemingly the top guy on the accumulation list so often.

Eskimo Joe was sort of like a "mini-Colin".  He did have valuable info to contribute at times but he also seemed to be very negative at others.

I'm sure if I kept thinking I could come up with others, but I won't bore you.  I would just like to say how grateful I am to be a part of what I believe is one of the best subforums, if not the best subforum on this board.  There is nothing like civility and maturity to help guide you through the maze of emotions that we all experience on here.  I think we do a really great job at it.  I also want to say that I wish @Itstrainingtime would not have vanished for that period of time back in January, regardless of what you had said.  (I never read your post before you deleted it so I don't know what it was you did say.)  I think you're a fantastic contributor, and an active one as well.  That activity helps to generate more activity, etc.  I for one missed you during your exile and was very happy when you returned.  :)

So, that's it from me.  If there's no more snow to be had then it's been a pretty great season despite the ups and downs.  But they come with almost every season.  I'm happy those of us in the general MDT area reached the 40" threshold for the season.  That was cool.  And, even if we don't score a big one this month, remember, we had a big one back in November that shouldn't have happened.  So, the surprise came at the beginning and not the end.  

Thanks for the memories.  Oh, PS, I hope we do try to do a meet and greet this year.  Don't we finally deserve to see the mugs hidden behind the screens??  We can make it happen if we collectively want it badly enough.  And, it doesn't have to be right now.  It could be in the summertime when most of us are depressed over the heat and humidity and need a pick-me-up.  Count me in!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, daxx said:

Was it oem? I'm sure that's who you mean, he was one of a kind.

Bingo........i was close right, EMA or OEM :lmao:

i had 20 this morning. I had to park my Tahoe outside last night  as i'm refinishing a piece of furniture. First time i had to scrape my windshield in a looooooooooooooong time. 

• Like 1

@CarlislePaWx Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm also grateful to be back.

I was kind of in a bad place personally a couple of months ago and it was negatively impacting my posting. Rather than bring what is THE best sub to a lower standard I proactively decided it was best for me to step aside for a while. Many reached out and expressed concern and for that I say thank you to all.

@Blizzard of 93 Nice to see you're doing your best to keep next week alive. Still not sure if there's sound meteorological reasoning to score, but I swear if anyone on this board can will this thing into us it is you... 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@CarlislePaWx Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm also grateful to be back.

I was kind of in a bad place personally a couple of months ago and it was negatively impacting my posting. Rather than bring what is THE best sub to a lower standard I proactively decided it was best for me to step aside for a while. Many reached out and expressed concern and for that I say thank you to all.

@Blizzard of 93 Nice to see you're doing your best to keep next week alive. Still not sure if there's sound meteorological reasoning to score, but I swear if anyone on this board can will this thing into us it is you... 

Starting to think he could sell ice cubes to Eskimos

Glad you're here bro

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

for the 3/22-3 gig the Fv3 has been slowing the flow and even looks to retrograde the MSLP.  Its a shame the timing is just a bit off, as that would potentially be a really nice end to winter for us.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

for the 3/22-3 gig the Fv3 has been slowing the flow and even looks to retrograde the MSLP.  Its a shame the timing is just a bit off, as that would potentially be a really nice end to winter for us.  

Didn't even think to look at the FV3 this morning. Nice to see it has a very similar look at 500's leading into the possible coastal even though it evolves somewhat differently afterwards. Lends credence to the Euro's solution. Not to mention looking over the last few runs of the original GFS/GEFS I think it may be starting to see/move towards the same look as well. Even though the EPS snowfall maps were virtually nonexistent vs prior runs I think that is very misleading. We have actually seen a very good improvement the last 48 hours at 500's that has strongly moved towards the Euro's op run look leading into the storm. But... 8 days away so lets see where the models take us. 

• Like 1