• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

2 hours ago, pasnownut said:

there's ALWAYS a chance......lol

Yeah, blizz and I have typically been the ones sniffing out storms over the last many years, but its been nice to see others in search of.....

I admit, this year he was more optimistic than I, as I really burnt myself out over the last few years, and needed a mental break.  I just needed to enjoy the snow as it came, cause thats why i do this.  Thanks for carrying the load Blizz.  

Seems like we have a decent group looking for snow love.  

Yea I’ve been on here since 08 back when it was eastern, I didn’t post very much for years. I would occasionally post. I can remember some totally opposite of you guys.  I think one was Collin if I’m not mistaken, he was a gem! Lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, daxx said:

Yea I’ve been on here since 08 back when it was eastern, I didn’t post very much for years. I would occasionally post. I can remember some totally opposite of you guys.  I think one was Collin if I’m not mistaken, he was a gem! Lol

Colin from Catawissa. He was a weenie but honestly I thought there were and still are far worse than he was. What pushed everyone away from him was he was ALWAYS negative. He'd be ripping +SN and would complain that it was going to shut off 5 minutes earlier than progged. So instead of getting 2' he'd end up with 23.8" and feel screwed. He wore everyone down with his constant complaining. 

3 minutes ago, daxx said:

Does not ring a bell but I do remember a guy from York pa he would totally piss everyone in the mid Atlantic area off.  I think him and Maytown went at a couple times as well. No sub forums everyone posting together. 

Yorkpa25. I totallly went off on him one day. Not one of my finer moments. @sauss06 came in and pulled me out before it got out of control. 

• Haha 1

Just now, daxx said:

Does not ring a bell but I do remember a guy from York pa he would totally piss everyone in the mid Atlantic area off.  I think him and Maytown went at a couple times as well. No sub forums everyone posting together. 

johnc1282 (and I am guessing at the number from memory) would wait for DT and other Mets, still not sure if DT is actually a Met though that is another story, to post opinions and predictions then he would post the same thing, using different verbiage from time to time, and add nothing to the convo.  It went something like-Big Rains!  No snows!  Only top peak of Apps see snow!  Big Rains for all here.  LOL.  I always enjoyed his funny commentary.  I do remember Colin and did not think he was as bad as some MA weenies.    Marcus was a big of a Debbie Downer from time to time as well. I think he started EUS just to have a place to bitch about weather. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Don't remember that name. 

Whatever happened to the guy from southern York county that always posted pics of his deck with 6" of new snow on it when everyone else around him had 2"? I think his name was Blizzard of something...

LOL, our @Blizzard of 93 is going to think you are trolling him. 

27 minutes ago, daxx said:

I remember Collin. I think we went at it a couple times.

21 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Do you remember JohnC1282?

don't remember that one

12 minutes ago, daxx said:

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yorkpa25. I totallly went off on him one day. Not one of my finer moments. @sauss06 came in and pulled me out before it got out of control. 

I remember him, but i don't recall that incident?

there was another guy from southern York county, he was an EMA guy in Maryland. He spent more time in the MA forum then ours but came in on occasion

Just now, sauss06 said:

don't remember that one

there was another guy from southern York county, he was an EMA guy in Maryland. He spent more time in the MA forum then ours but came in on occasion

I remember it but not what it was about. He was somewhat like Colin in that he was always negative and one day he was spouting nonsense and i replied. You quoted me and piggy-backed off of my post and to this day i don't think he has posted once since. :lmao:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Thing about Colin was he was kind of in no man's land up there in northeast PA, and would often post in our thread AND the Philly thread. He had 2 entire subs irate with him. 

ya know i forgot all about that guy, but now we're talking of him, i kept having some dude friend request me on FB many years ago, his name was Collin. I wonder if that was him

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

ya know i forgot all about that guy, but now we're talking of him, i kept having some dude friend request me on FB many years ago, his name was Collin. I wonder if that was him

On another person, does anyone know why Ian left American?  Did he get his degree and move on to more important things?  I have not seen him anywhere.  Jerry is still here if anyone remembers him...in the NE sub forum. 

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

Was thinking the same thing.  Your a whacked weenie just like the rest of us.

If they ever call for tonadoes in Akron, I'll pm you and you can stay at my place.  You can text me when its passed.  For your troubles, you can even drink SOME of my beer.

Deal lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

On another person, does anyone know why Ian left American?  Did he get his degree and move on to more important things?  I have not seen him anywhere.  Jerry is still here if anyone remembers him...in the NE sub forum. 

No idea. I always wondered if the weenies down there wore him out. He was very good, meaning, he would post it as it was without sugar coating it and some of the weenies would take him to the shed. Between Ian and Matt (zwyts, westminster deathband, deck pic) that sub had 2 of the very best non-met posters around. Ian hardly if ever posts and Deck Pic only posts when snow is imminent. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

i wondered as well, not sure what happened. 

1 minute ago, Wmsptwx said:

Btw, the lsv gang in here now has us the best forum on the site...us northern folks try to add what we can haha.

We are the best subforum, by far. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

To my dismay, we do severe well down this way. It seems like the epicenter of severe is the Hershey area. I don't know what it is but Hershey/Palmyra/Campelltown gets raked more often than not. 

We just got a Wegman's in Lancaster back in the fall. I will not buy groceries anywhere else unless i have to. I absolutely love that store. 

I drive 10 miles past three Giants, two Karns, and a Weis to get to Wegmans every Friday night and usually once in the weekend. 

1 minute ago, canderson said:

I drive 10 miles past three Giants, two Karns, and a Weis to get to Wegmans every Friday night and usually once in the weekend. 

Thats probably because their beer selection is top notch. Poor Weis.  How are they still in business?  They were the guy no one went to 20 years ago!  Like Acme in the Philly area. 

1 minute ago, canderson said:

My wife and i have Friday night date night at Weggie's. :)

Since you and i are big baseball guys, we need to get Mike Trout to start posting on here once he comes to Philly in 2 years. Everything I hear about him is that he is a huge weather weenie...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

don't remember that one

Eskimo Joe. He is fully a MA poster now  

He famously cancelled that winter storm the night before  we got 30” snow. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Since you and i are big baseball guys, we need to get Mike Trout to start posting on here once he comes to Philly in 2 years. Everything I hear about him is that he is a huge weather weenie...

Dude I have gift cards out the ying yang, I should hook you up with them, think from working there I go elsewhere for stuff mainly lol.

Just now, canderson said:

No it wasn't him i don't think. This guys screen name was ema something. Unless it was him and he changed names?? He raised Alpacas 

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

i went to Wegmans once. i got lost. I'm a grocery store freak(my brother is worse though) i shop at 3 stores weekly :wacko: and i do 99.9% of all grocery shopping. i don't like my wife going. 

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

Although he was on the ball with the November 2018 snow we got.  I came on board with that storm just listening to his enthusiasm on here.  I called it the Eskimo Joe Snow of 2018.   But his posts on MA are more negative than positive now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wmsptwx said:

Dude I have gift cards out the ying yang, I should hook you up with them, think from working there I go elsewhere for stuff mainly lol.

I’ll gladly take some! We spend $160 weekly. Seriously - we are ALWYS within $3 of that no matter what we buy - it’s crazy.