• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

LOL, yea but I did not have the sadness either.  You cannot miss something you never had though we had about 1/4" of snow in 2010.  But it was terrible being a snow lover.  I followed many a storm on here from down there.

Oh man 1/4 inch and seeing some of us having a record snowfall year.  That had to be brutal.   Hopefully we have another year like that soon so you can get in on the fun!

1 minute ago, daxx said:

Oh man 1/4 inch and seeing some of us having a record snowfall year.  That had to be brutal.   Hopefully we have another year like that soon so you can get in on the fun!

Yea and if I remember correctly the area I live in now really jackpotted.  Will admit I did not miss shoveling 3 feet.  

I went up to Blue Knob yesterday afternoon to take advantage of really good slopes. You’d be hard pressed to find a PA location that has deeper winter than them up there at 3000ft after this week. Probably at least a 12-18” pack. 

1CB48A67-6EFE-4434-9186-395F360072EC.thumb.jpeg.a6150d383e05577a9d124fb8660bbe82.jpeg

• Like 7

Well we got enough sleet to put down a coating on everything, including sidewalks before we changed to rain, although I'm wondering if we completely changed or just mixed overnight, as there were still a few "pings" on my corrugated patio roof extension when I put the dog out at 7am DST.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, pawatch said:

Bubbler looks like we got 2 events to watch between the 17-24th what is your thoughts?

I am worried about surface temps just like every year at this time.   I would think we (especially down here but maybe even up there) will need a fairly wound up coastal to produce snow with the marginal temps.   The LR placement of the lows is going to change every 6 hours.  I do remember about 14-15 years ago turning on the TV in early April and hearing the weather channel blaring about a Winter Storm Watch on a day that was supposed to be in the 60's (forecast from a few days prior) so snow is never out of the picture until Mid to late April in my opinion.

My next Florida trip leaves the evening of the 18th to return the 22nd so I may miss this last one if there is to be one. 

4 minutes ago, daxx said:

That trough is setting something up to be too far off shore.  Still have some time but right now looks a little too progressive if you ask me.

There are a good amount of the ensemble member lows on that map that are underneath us & tucked in to the coast. This will change a million times, but it is a good signal for this much lead time.

2 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

There are a good amount of the ensemble member lows on that map that are underneath us & tucked in to the coast. This will change a million times, but it is a good signal for this much lead time.

I hope your right but If you ask me we need some work.  You are looking for just about anything snow, I'm not at this point.  I'm looking for something bigger.  Again I'm not saying it won't happen I just think we need a lot of things to go right.

41 minutes ago, daxx said:

I hope your right but If you ask me we need some work.  You are looking for just about anything snow, I'm not at this point.  I'm looking for something bigger.  Again I'm not saying it won't happen I just think we need a lot of things to go right.

Agreed Brian. I'm still very much hopeful but far less bullish than I was a week ago. We'll see. (and like you, I'm not into a 1" -3" deal, we're in big game season now)

Sun has just broken through here. I'm going to bust low (go figure) on my call for 58 at MDT today...it will be interesting to see how the temperature responds over the next several hours. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Agreed Brian. I'm still very much hopeful but far less bullish than I was a week ago. We'll see. (and like you, I'm not into a 1" -3" deal, we're in big game season now)

Sun has just broken through here. I'm going to bust low (go figure) on my call for 58 at MDT today...it will be interesting to see how the temperature responds over the next several hours. 

Yea, I think we hit or get within 2 degrees of 60 in a lot of locales today.  Sort of a middle ground between the Nam and the Euro that everyone was comparing a few days ago.  50 here right now.  

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I will take what we can get.

Hopefully we get lucky for the third March in a row & get our best snow of the season next week. 

If not, I’m fine with some stat padding of a few more inches of snow before we are done.

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, I think we hit or get within 2 degrees of 60 in a lot of locales today.  Sort of a middle ground between the Nam and the Euro that everyone was comparing a few days ago.  50 here right now.  

I said that wrong...I actually meant that MDT won't reach 58. Meaning I will bust high. I'm at 44 now, up 6 the past hour. 

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I said that wrong...I actually meant that MDT won't reach 58. Meaning I will bust high. I'm at 44 now, up 6 the past hour. 

Not sure about MDT but I think York, Lancaster....southern LSV....get near 60.  No where near the upper 60's the Euro had but I think it beats lower 50's as well. 

Edit-I should add why I think it gets near 60 in the southern LSV.  It is already in the 60's in SW PA and up to near Martinsburg, WV.  If the "CAD" gives way in the LSV I think it sky rockets quickly.  Could be totally wrong LOL but there is no cold air coming to temper the jump if it happens re: S/W PA.  

image.thumb.png.5da1c06c98461f6090fbe6521a28f47d.png

6 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Well I'm sitting here with a temp of 38.8 at 1:15pm.  The snowpack, the majority of which is still here even after my 1" of rain overnight, is also creating a little bit of fog.  Temps due south of us are only in the 40's so I don't see how even at M/D temps hit 60.  NAM FTW.

NAM FTW could probably be said about 70% of the time and the statrement be right :-).  Euro showing 67 or 68 did seem extreme.  

PS, if M/D meant Mason Dixon we are already at 53.  7 degrees since 11AM.  So we probably get 60 here but probably not MDT.