• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

11 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

I have heard fog gets downright awful on interstates in FL and causes tons of traffic snarls and crashes...did you notice that?

It is pretty bad and I think the biggest issue is when there is also smoke.  If you are familar with the town of Gainesville, FL there is a Prairie (with wilds horses, Bison and where you can walk with the Alligators) just outside Gainesville so the fog is terriible there and in 2012 there was a forest fire near by which caused almost immediate white out conditions mixed with the fog  Two cars wrecked and the incoming cars could not see it so they kept flying into the white out where they came upon more and more wrecks and wrecked themselves  11 people died...they intially thought it was only 10 but they found an 11th buried in the wreckage a day after the whole thing happened.  Freaky to me...driving along at 80 and hitting a white out then next thing you know your car is reduced to a tin can.

Fog is also terrible between Orlando and Tampa on route 4. 

22 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Dude gotta brag on you a bit, this place has been ripping with you and nut/blizzard/maytown and paweather...you know your stuff man glad to read your stuff.

Daxx/JNS/MAG and more than a few others as well.

Its been a great winter of discussion.  Already looking forward to next year. 

Saw your post about the meet/greet.  I'd be down, but Mag and I have tried in the past w/ little luck.  Not sure why, but if you can make it work, I'd be glad to toss a brewsky back w/ ya'll.

4 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Saw your post about the meet/greet.  I'd be down, but Mag and I have tried in the past w/ little luck.  Not sure why, but if you can make it work, I'd be glad to toss a brewsky back w/ ya'll.

Yeah tough with family stuff and work for everyone, but I'd gladly come to lsv area since majority is down there. Glad you got those in too daxx has been money and MAG always is. May disappear awhile as I go in NCAA playoff recluse mode haha.

2 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Yeah tough with family stuff and work for everyone, but I'd gladly come to lsv area since majority is down there. Glad you got those in too daxx has been money and MAG always is. May disappear awhile as I go in NCAA playoff recluse mode haha.

UVA will NOT lose in the first round this year...they better not!

3 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Dude UVA is scary on defense and so so deep. As a Michigan guy praying you're not one seed in our bracket...want Gonzaga lol.

It is just that the same thing was said last year yet they went on to take part in arguably the biggest major US sports history.  I think Duke, with Zion, has to be the favorite.   Both Michigan schools are title contenders as well.  I especially hate seeing MSU in the tourney. 

15 minutes ago, daxx said:

Euro is really weak tomorrow.  Saturday night and Sunday looks almost to be a non event for wintry precip except the northeastern part of State. Even there nothing too exciting.   It actually spikes lsv into the upper 60s on Sunday afternoon. 

I've been thinking 50's was a lock.  Last look at snow for a while it seems.  Hoping not the end, but if so, this week has been good for my soul.  I can let go if needed, but would sign up for a welcome to spring blizzard for sh!ts n giggles.  In with a bang...out with a bang.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is pretty bad and I think the biggest issue is when there is also smoke.  If you are familar with the town of Gainesville, FL there is a Prairie (with wilds horses, Bison and where you can walk with the Alligators) just outside Gainesville so the fog is terriible there and in 2012 there was a forest fire near by which caused almost immediate white out conditions mixed with the fog  Two cars wrecked and the incoming cars could not see it so they kept flying into the white out where they came upon more and more wrecks and wrecked themselves  11 people died...they intially thought it was only 10 but they found an 11th buried in the wreckage a day after the whole thing happened.  Freaky to me...driving along at 80 and hitting a white out then next thing you know your car is reduced to a tin can.

Fog is also terrible between Orlando and Tampa on route 4. 

Best part of Gainesville is the Swamp...was fortunate enough to see the Gators during one of my many, many trips to the Sunshine State. My god do the girls from Florida know how to have a good tiime...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I've been thinking 50's was a lock.  Last look at snow for a while it seems.  Hoping not the end, but if so, this week has been good for my soul.  I can let go if needed, but would sign up for a welcome to spring blizzard for sh!ts n giggles.  In with a bang...out with a bang.

Snow is going adios for a while...we await the period from 3/16 - 3/23 for perhaps a last song and dance? 

20 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Dude UVA is scary on defense and so so deep. As a Michigan guy praying you're not one seed in our bracket...want Gonzaga lol.

I keep forgetting that about you. That's okay...whenever I need my spirits boosted a bit I replay the ending from the "Big House" against Michigan State in 2015. One of the most memorable, awesome endings in any sporting event...period. :) 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Best part of Gainesville is the Swamp...was fortunate enough to see the Gators during one of my many, many trips to the Sunshine State. My god do the girls from Florida know how to have a good tiime...

You know it is going to be a fun time when two stores, in the same fairly small town, prominently feature mushrooms on their buildings.  The Mellow Mushroom is one and I forget the other one in downtown...looks like a place you would buy pot.

But that Prairie I mentioned, Paynes Prairie, is truly a special place to go when it is nice out.  Almost like an inland version of Assateague/Chinocteague.  I doubt you will ever get a chance to stand so close to a 12-15 foot alligator.  It is a bit flooded right now but the gator area is accessed from the Gainesville side of the Prairie.

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I keep forgetting that about you. That's okay...whenever I need my spirits boosted a bit I replay the ending from the "Big House" against Michigan State in 2015. One of the most memorable, awesome endings in any sporting event...period. :) 

Lol I cried...so so so stupid. You PSU fans should join rest of big ten and hate OSU the most...wish they'd just go join their brethren in SEC .

30 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is just that the same thing was said last year yet they went on to take part in arguably the biggest major US sports history.  I think Duke, with Zion, has to be the favorite.   Both Michigan schools are title contenders as well.  I especially hate seeing MSU in the tourney. 

Hopefully they early exit again lol.

3 hours ago, daxx said:

Euro is really weak tomorrow.  Saturday night and Sunday looks almost to be a non event for wintry precip except the northeastern part of State. Even there nothing too exciting.   It actually spikes lsv into the upper 60s on Sunday afternoon. 

Just peeking at the 18z's so far, and sombody gonna bust bad.  Euro or NAM.  Pick one

namconus_T2m_us_50.png

6 hours ago, pasnownut said:

Let’s not forget Ji. :) 

• Haha 1