• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

9 hours ago, paweather said:

On another winter note this is the longest time this winter season we kept our snowfall depth like we are today for LSV. :) it just makes me feel better. 

That’s the part that some don’t realize. Some here haven’t seen their yards for over a month. Us..4 days. I’m enjoying it. 

36 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

That’s the part that some don’t realize. Some here haven’t seen their yards for over a month. Us..4 days. I’m enjoying it. 

I was a bit skeptical about how long we'd keep the 'pack given the season we're in...sun has taken it's toll for sure but I still had solid cover outside of tree areas this this morning. 

Was also surprised to see my temp at 20.8 when I left for work. (it was 15 at 10pm last evening) 

47 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was a bit skeptical about how long we'd keep the 'pack given the season we're in...sun has taken it's toll for sure but I still had solid cover outside of tree areas this this morning. 

Was also surprised to see my temp at 20.8 when I left for work. (it was 15 at 10pm last evening) 

the over night temps for the last 2 nights have buster way higher then foretasted we never got lower then 18. both nights had cloud cover with no fronts or Low's around has me pretty puzzled. over night lows were said to be near record 8 and 10 last 2 nights temps were 18 and 20.

Our drive from HBG to Philadelphia was depressing if you're a snow-lover in PHL. It quickly drops off once you exit 676 off the Turnpike and no snowpiles anywhere to be seen in the city proper. 

Also my poor soon-to-be fiance from Texas was a frozen human yesterday. She had no idea how anyone can live in the NE lol.

24 minutes ago, canderson said:

Our drive from HBG to Philadelphia was depressing if you're a snow-lover in PHL. It quickly drops off once you exit 676 off the Turnpike and no snowpiles anywhere to be seen in the city proper. 

Also my poor soon-to-be fiance from Texas was a frozen human yesterday. She had no idea how anyone can live in the NE lol.

That is what my visitors to Florida would say 4/5 of the year.  "How can you live in this jungle".   Texas is not Florida (Texas is generally hotter but less humid) but same thought process.  

Got down to 11.3 this morning making it the coldest morning of the week for me.  Also, regarding the snowpack, I was thinking the same thing about how having it around for more than a day or two really does make a difference in how you feel.  There was really no melting of the snow yesterday as my high was only 26.6 and there were plenty of clouds around with the snow showers.  There will be some melting today as my temp is already at 32.0 but maybe that loss gets replaced tomorrow?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Will be interesting to see if the 12Z Euro holds to it's more northern trajectory of the wave tomorrow as everything else, except the Nam, has trended too far south and truly made it a non event. 

yeah, i saw the same.  mood snow is better than none....when you have some on the ground its easy to pretend its piling up :P

1 hour ago, canderson said:

a wife and a fiance? STUD

• Haha 1

That is what my visitors to Florida would say 4/5 of the year.  "How can you live in this jungle".   Texas is not Florida (Texas is generally hotter but less humid) but same thought process.  

Trust me, Texas is not less humid than Florida. Especially Houston. 

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

Trust me, Texas is not less humid than Florida. Especially Houston. 

Yea, it was a state wide "mean" thing.  It dries off in much of Texas at times while in N Central Florida we would only see maybe 15-20 days a year that were not above 80% humidty at some point. I lived in Panama (the country) for 3 years and Florida, away from the coast, is worse.  I have deep rooted disdain for Florida so will not go beyond this in lieu of not wanting to bring it out here.  LOL. 

• Like 1

i had relatives from South Carolina come that were here during the great winter of 95-96, they've never come back 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i had relatives from South Carolina come that were here during the great winter of 95-96, they've never come back 

I imagine.  Plus SC is kind of nice some of the time! On a related subject the thing I noticed that is the biggest difference between Florida and this area of PA, outside the obvious weather, is the roads and drivers.  Lots of slow drivers in Florida but when you get on I75 or I10, in the Western Half of the State, going 70 will see you get run over.  80-90 is the norm and I would guess that about 1 of every 20 cars is over 100.  And those two specific roads are in so much better shape and wider than the 81's and 83's of around here.  Lots of people around here are happy with going 65. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, it was a state wide "mean" thing.  It dries off in much of Texas at times while in N Central Florida we would only see maybe 15-20 days a year that were not above 80% humidty at some point. I lived in Panama (the country) for 3 years and Florida, away from the coast, is worse.  I have deep rooted disdain for Florida so will not go beyond this in lieu of not wanting to bring it out here.  LOL. 

Dude gotta brag on you a bit, this place has been ripping with you and nut/blizzard/maytown and paweather...you know your stuff man glad to read your stuff.