• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

1 minute ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

It’s been snowing moderately most the event. 

I noticed the heaviest returns go toward you and then have faded back some.  The LWX radar I had just peaked at looked like they were over you though.  Could always be issues with the angles...CTP radar does not work so well for my area so I have to watch LWX if any of the NWS sites.

9:00pm Ob...Temp 31.3.  Snowing moderately.  Only picked up an additional 0.5" last hour for a storm total of 4.0".  I think a little compaction may be starting to occur with the temp so close to freezing and the snow so wet.  I can see the back edge appearing southwest down around Cumberland MD.  Only need 1.4".  Cmon' storm, you can do it!

1 minute ago, bubbler86 said:

I noticed the heaviest returns go toward you and then have faded back some.  The LWX radar I had just peaked at looked like they were over you though.  Could always be issues with the angles...CTP radar does not work so well for my area so I have to watch LWX if any of the NWS sites.

Yeah sterling all the way for us.  I’ll watch state college once in a while for a line of tstorms dropping down but that’s it.   The best radar for us lsv folks was when wgal had their live Doppler 8.   That had a lower angle and showed great banding detail and  had very little virga returns.   @AllWeather any plans on making that operational anymore?

9 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Yeah sterling all the way for us.  I’ll watch state college once in a while for a line of tstorms dropping down but that’s it.   The best radar for us lsv folks was when wgal had their live Doppler 8.   That had a lower angle and showed great banding detail and  had very little virga returns.   @AllWeather any plans on making that operational anymore?

Funny the best radar would be in Lancaster.  I just measured the snow and I would say 6.75.  I do not think it is compacting too much. Might make 7 but probably not 8.  

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Will tomorrow- was 3.5” Friday and 3” Saturday. 

That thought you had yesterday, about 3 consectuve measureables at MDT, is going to look pretty cool when we look back at records years from now.  Will we remember the first two basically melted off in a day, not sure, but looks like one great stretch of March.

5 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

That thought you had yesterday, about 3 consectuve measureables at MDT, is going to look pretty cool when we look back at records years from now.  Will we remember the first two basically melted off in a day, not sure, but looks like one great stretch of March.

Indeed. Kinda wild with a winter of basically nothing but cutters Harrisburg will have ~40” snow. Go figure!