• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

9 minutes ago, paweather said:

The radar looks so progressive. Will the costal take over to add to results?

If you look at the HRRR and the western edge in Western PA, between hours 2 and 4 it basically stops moving while heavier returns over the eastern half of the state go from being East to West Alligned to more South to North.   My unprofessional opinion is that is due to the energy transitioning to a low at the coast and the shield becoming more circular as a result. If all goes close to this, people in the LSV, especially the further South and East you go, have a lot of heavy snow ahead of them.  3-4 hours 1-2"/hr snows. 

7:00pm Ob...Temp holding at 31.5.  Moderate snow continues to fall.  It's wet, medium mixed with some fat flakes.  Picked up another 0.8" during the past hour bringing me to a total of 2.5".  Hopin' for the heavy stuff to arrive soon, if it's going to arrive (here).

Edit>>Looking at latest radar brings that hope as a pretty expansive area of 20 dbz are headed my way from the southwest.

21 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

If you look at the HRRR and the western edge in Western PA, between hours 2 and 4 it basically stops moving while heavier returns over the eastern half of the state go from being East to West Alligned to more South to North.   My unprofessional opinion is that is due to the energy transitioning to a low at the coast and the shield becoming more circular as a result. If all goes close to this, people in the LSV, especially the further South and East you go, have a lot of heavy snow ahead of them.  3-4 hours 1-2"/hr snows. 

Oh its transferring energy to a new coastal? I thought this storm was just 1 storm all along. was riding from the south to nc then to off nj coast? at least thats what the tv mets were saying I didnt hear one time it was a classic transferring storm.

Just now, Ruin said:

Oh its transferring energy to a new coastal? I thought this storm was just 1 storm all along. was riding from the south to nc then to off nj coast? at least thats what the tv mets were saying I didnt hear one time it was a classic transferring storm.

Whether a new coastal or becoming a coastal itself  the precip shield is transforming into more of a coastal like one even now.   The HRRR has the lowest pressure transfering from SW VA to the Central DelMarVa in one hour (it does not move that quickly) but as usual the models jump around to different points of Pressure sometimes.

7 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

Whether a new coastal or becoming a coastal itself  the precip shield is transforming into more of a coastal like one even now.   The HRRR has the lowest pressure transfering from SW VA to the Central DelMarVa in one hour (it does not move that quickly) but as usual the models jump around to different points of Pressure sometimes.

Ah thank you :) my local news weather guys just said it will end about 3am-4am when before it was midnight. so maybe something to the coastal thing and moving slower.

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

This is beautiful snow. It’s a little wet so sticks well to trees and whatever for that white winter glow. 

Eyeballing about 2.5” so far today. Roads might have .25-.5” on them. Radar looks very promising.

I just came in and was surprised how little is still accumulating on my street. 

7 minutes ago, canderson said:

This is beautiful snow. It’s a little wet so sticks well to trees and whatever for that white winter glow. 

Eyeballing about 2.5” so far today. Roads might have .25-.5” on them. Radar looks very promising.

Yes, this is a good looking snow. The branches outside of my window are each caked with thick snow .