• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

12 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

I think the R/S line does get near or over you but isn't that the place to be?  If you want to see the action of a ground war you have to be at the front line.   LOL.  @pasnownut might have to finish the end of his ride home on his snowmobile. 

Understood completely. I just don't want 3 hours of white rain.

9 minutes ago, AllWeather said:

This little bit of overrunning is going to help us stay cool thanks to less insolation/more wet-bulbing. Despite starting a bit milder than guidance, it may all even out in the wash as the main batch moves in. HRRR looks like it's catching up to this idea. Giddy up.

Thanks Matt! 

This little bit of overrunning is going to help us stay cool thanks to less insolation/more wet-bulbing. Despite starting a bit milder than guidance, it may all even out in the wash as the main batch moves in. HRRR looks like it's catching up to this idea. Giddy up.

Notice a few flakes flying around.

I put up a post first thing this morning pertaining to my thoughts on the LSV with maybe being a bit warm to start off. I’m not particularly worried. Even if there are issues on the get go, things should quickly turn to all snow and once we get past 3-4pm any surfaces benefitting from the March solar radiation will “cave” when the steadier stuff arrives. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MAG5035 said:

I put up a post first thing this morning pertaining to my thoughts on the LSV with maybe being a bit warm to start off. I’m not particularly worried. Even if there are issues on the get go, things should quickly turn to all snow and once we get past 3-4pm any surfaces benefitting from the March solar radiation will “cave” when the steadier stuff arrives. 

I'm in agreement. If it's 33/34 and puking snow at sunset, you can forget about what the temp is. It'll accumulate. 

• Like 1

@Itstrainingtime, do not look at Goofus.  :-).  It has caved to the NAM/RGEM/EURO and is now much more amped with a 998 off the VA Capes but just looking at radar it is rain for much of Lanco.  The gist of the GFS run should be that the LSV is about the get walloped and most guidance suggests even the SE corner comes away golden.  Goofus jackspots @Cashtown_Coop

image.thumb.png.5fcd091090a883097102e5badfee3229.png

19 minutes ago, paweather said:

Moisture source is extensive gulf and Atlantic. If we had a block it would be massive. 

Even if this wave stood on its own, it would have had way more potential.  The fast flow would have prevented HECS labels, but all these little pieces of energy had to fight with each other in the last few days.  The coastal helped robbed this main storm of some energy and pushed it south.  We were looking at a 12" event a couple days ago, now we're down to 2-4" if we're lucky.  In March, that just doesn't cut it.  Hopefully coastal enhancement means it overperforms for you folks, though.

1 hour ago, bubbler86 said:

I think the R/S line does get near or over you but isn't that the place to be?  If you want to see the action of a ground war you have to be at the front line.   LOL.  @pasnownut might have to finish the end of his ride home on his snowmobile. 

Thanks bud. Snowmobile leaking antifreeze. Going to backup kid sled. Lol. Thanks for keeping me in the loop. Headed home now. 

10 minutes ago, paweather said:

Anyone watch the weather channel anymore? I watched it for 10 mins and was done. When I was a kid I had it on 24-7 during winter lol. I couldn’t last 10 mins in this day and age. 

Everything is so dramatic and the on-screen "Mets" appear like idiots not knowing what they're talking about..... while trying to be all edgey and fidgeting with their tech devices. Insufferable.