• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

1 minute ago, Superstorm said:

Nice to see Euro beef up totals.

May be our biggest event of the year.

Yes, this type of track tends to treat the LSV well. I am feeling good about a general 5-8 inches for most of the LSV.

I wouldn’t minded beating the 8.8 inches of snow that MDT had in November to make this the best event of the year, so far...

4 hours ago, KPITSnow said:

No I get it. For me my biggest storm of the year so far is 4 inches. At this point I’d rather it not snow than get another 2-4 inch event. Watching the euro put out foot totals 3 days in advance only to watch it move south or north all year in the last two days has really worn us down out this way.

It's been the same here..5.5" was my best this year (season) and it really doesn't look like that will change.. frustrating but hey...it's out of our control and we just have to take what we get.

I see lots of people from neighboring threads mentioning that temps today are verifying a good bit lower than forecast. That's fine, but unless skies clear this evening the cloud cover that is putting a lid on temps this afternoon will prevent radiation cooling tonight. 

Now...if we can get a few hours of clearing later on...then what is happening now will mean something.

24 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Euro looks really good for the LSV. This might sound weird but I really want the NAM to deliver the goods soon. I'm a believer in the Euro/NAM combo 24 hours out.

I want to see some of the other guidance come back NW a bit and juice up.

Yes, The Euro & NAM combo is usually good, & has worked really well the last few events.

orange-alert.png Winter Weather Advisory
Weather Updated: Mar 02 2:38PM
Issued by the National Weather Service
For Clearfield County, Pennsylvania
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FROM 12PM EST SUN UNTIL 7AM EST MON ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON SUNDAY TO 7 AM EST MONDAY... * WHAT...SNOW EXPECTED. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 2 TO 4 INCHES ARE EXPECTED. * WHERE...PORTIONS OF CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA. * WHEN...FROM NOON SUNDAY TO 7 AM EST MONDAY. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...SNOW WILL OVERSPREAD THE REGION EARLY SUNDAY AFTERNOON. THE STEADIEST SNOW SHOULD FALL LATE IN THE DAY AND SUNDAY EVENING, BEFORE STARTING TO TAPER OFF LATER SUNDAY NIGHT. PLAN ON SLIPPERY ROAD CONDITIONS. BE PREPARED FOR REDUCED VISIBILITIES AT TIMES. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... THE PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION AND PENNSYLVANIA TURNPIKE COMMISSION REMIND MOTORISTS TO ADJUST SPEEDS BASED ON DRIVING CONDITIONS AS WINTER WEATHER IMPACTS PENNSYLVANIA ROADWAYS. VISIT WWW.511PA.COM FOR THE LATEST TRAVEL, ROADWAY AND TRAFFIC CONDITIONS. &&

:thumbsdown: