• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

Hey, Flathead: I showed Nanny the Momo video and now she wants to lay down on 83. I keep telling her that it's not worth it and there's all kinds of things to look forward to, such as playing hammer throw fetch with your dog or the Vans Warped Tour 25th Anniversary show or the 2020 presidential election, but she ain't having it. 

That little bug-eyed freak may have broken Nanny. You may want to intervene.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I get it...most of the precip now falls during the day, HOWEVER if it only lasts 12 hours and with the amount of QPF falling it should stick just fine.

Just looking over the 18z Euro it is colder than 12z.  It looks to me the best rates are after 21z so it would be fine. 700s look good, 850s 925s a little warm over you and I for a little while. I personally think we can overcome that.  A minor adjustment southeast and we are golden. Just west of us looks nice.

41 minutes ago, canderson said:

Sunday I’m a bit “worried” it snows all day but not heavy enough so it melts on contact. Going to be pretty warm.

shouldnt really be a problem 1 models have trended colder last few runs. I didnt see todays tho. 2 the ground has fresh snow/pack that will help with any accumulation 

NWS is a governmental organization.  Machs nichts they get it right or wrong...they are funded!  But the mainstream society buys it ALL hook, line, & sinker!  Study the atmosphere, study the history, experience the previous wx events, forecast as best you can...models are GUIDANCE!  Just sayin'...

That Sterling radar is juiced...and that spells a real concern for those hoping for big amounts Sunday...water vapor is energy; lose it and there will be less QPF for the next wave...And FWIW, the NWS radar loops on my computer are not fully operational, but on my mobile Radarscope...fully functional!  Anyone else?

2 minutes ago, Caveman said:

That Sterling radar is juiced...and that spells a real concern for those hoping for big amounts Sunday...water vapor is energy; lose it and there will be less QPF for the next wave...And FWIW, the NWS radar loops on my computer are not fully operational, but on my mobile Radarscope...fully functional!  Anyone else?

Love seeing that logo. If you and I go to a game at Camden Yards this year that will guarantee a paid attendance of...2.

Thinking you should do really well this weekend...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Caveman said:

NWS is a governmental organization.  Machs nichts they get it right or wrong...they are funded!  But the mainstream society buys it ALL hook, line, & sinker!  Study the atmosphere, study the history, experience the previous wx events, forecast as best you can...models are GUIDANCE!  Just sayin'...

Alex Jones? Is that you? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Caveman said:

That Sterling radar is juiced...and that spells a real concern for those hoping for big amounts Sunday...water vapor is energy; lose it and there will be less QPF for the next wave...And FWIW, the NWS radar loops on my computer are not fully operational, but on my mobile Radarscope...fully functional!  Anyone else

LWX radar was failing for me.

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Love seeing that logo. If you and I go to a game at Camden Yards this year that will guarantee a paid attendance of...2.

I bought O's tickets this morning. Going to see the Angels in May.

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I've attended MLB for years; as a kid to Memorial Stadium seeing all of the classics...including Frank R...Then it was the new VET...and PHilly Sillies...until they got good!  Of course, off to PSU when they won 1980!  Torn in 1983!  I'd get together and venture to either venue; anytime...

1 minute ago, Atomixwx said:

I bought O's tickets this morning. Going to see the Angels in May.

Should've purchased them on StubHub walking up to the stadium...though there will be many MIKE TROUT fans there...easiest MLB ticket this year, sorry to say the Baltimore Os