• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

28 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Looking at the power outage maps this morning, it appears that Eastern PA is in much better shape than Western PA. We're the winds stronger out that way, or is there another factor at play?

Well i would think the winds just slowed down from West to east. Western and Central areas took it on the chin :wacko:

4 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Well i would think the winds just slowed down from West to east. Western and Central areas took it on the chin :wacko:

Thanks! 

I'm not experiencing this one as I'm out west watching from the sidelines. It looks like gusts we're into 50's statewide, though. I expected to see the outage map intensify overnight. Was surprised it didn't.

Just now, Voyager said:

Thanks! 

I'm not experiencing this one as I'm out west watching from the sidelines. It looks like gusts we're into 50's statewide, though. I expected to see the outage map intensify overnight. Was surprised it didn't.

I wasn't paying much attention, but did they get a lot more rain Saturday into Sunday than the rest of the state? We got some rain but barely enough to make a puddle overall. 

Just now, Voyager said:

Thanks! 

I agree, i thought there would be more issues then what there was. Shocked i didn't lose power. I honestly probably got 2 hours sleep total. 

Peak wind gust here for the event (so far?) has been 38.5 mph recorded at 11:00pm last night.  Overnight I've had multiple gusts in the mid-30's with average sustained winds ranging between 10-15 mph for the most part.  The location of my anemometer on my rooftop of a townhouse end unit is not the greatest for westerly winds as I'm on the eastern most end so I think the winds end up muted a bit.  Due northerly are best as there is nothing in the way from that direction.  Never lost power.  Just had multiple flickers of less than 0.25 sec.

37 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Next two weeks....loaded with potential winter storm events.

yeah, i think we get a couple chances at something.  Just can believe the resilience of the cutter pattern we've been stuck in.  Still shows up on op runs even thought base state has transitioned to more favorable w/ MJO/SOI.

49 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

yeah, i think we get a couple chances at something.  Just can believe the resilience of the cutter pattern we've been stuck in.  Still shows up on op runs even thought base state has transitioned to more favorable w/ MJO/SOI.

and to add to it, look at what the 12z are throwing up for lunch and latching onto.  CMC/pappa G/ICON all have nice opps showing up at varying degrees.  Best takeaway is that chances are coming.

At my place, where winds are usually 5-10MPH over forecast, I beleive the winds were fairly fierce at 1000-1500 feet as I heard more roaring than usual from up the mountain but below 1000 I would not even call this a top 3 event for the season.  No garbage scattered around, no chairs, etc...highest gust I saw last night was in the 40's.  We have had 60+ several times since Dec 1.  On to our Friday snow. 

21 minutes ago, canderson said:

The High Wind Warning expired but they launched a Wind Advisory for us all until 10 p.m. Seems like the delay yesterday means the winds won't calm down before overnight which sucks because yea, winds at night is scary. 

Couple shots of Jim Beam, you won't hear nothin 

Still showing a couple inches for us on Friday. 

• Haha 1

The 0z EPS says that we will be very busy tracking possible multiple snow events over the next 2 weeks.

The first chance is Friday morning for a light event, then another chance over the weekend, early next week & the middle of next week. All of these will not hit us, but I don’t think they all miss either.

Hopefully at least 1 of these possibilities turns into a good snow storm for us!

CDECE15F-18F8-4F8C-8EE8-E1ABAC990708.png

13 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 0z EPS says that we will be very busy tracking possible multiple snow events over the next 2 weeks.

The first chance is Friday morning for a light event, then another chance over the weekend, early next week & the middle of next week. All of these will not hit us, but I don’t think they all miss either.

Hopefully at least 1 of these possibilities turns into a good snow storm for us!

I agree with everything you said...honestly, if we were looking at 4 possible events i would trade 3 of them for 1 big one if i could. 6z NAM is actually targeting MD/VA for Friday, and NC/VA/MD for Sunday into Monday. In March, I'd much rather have a single 10"+ storm rather than a 2", 4", and 4" or something like that. I love all snow but a couple of inches in March is kind of like a tease...now you see it, and very quickly thereafter you don't. I want something that will survive one full day of March sun, and therefore it needs to be significant. 

• Like 2