• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

I think the start of the high winds is currently out near Altoona / State College based on radar precip line.  Definitely delayed/later than forecast.  Looks like nothing of consequence reaching Harrisburg before 5:00pm.  Temps only barely climbing.  I've just made it to 40 after spending the entire night between 33 and 34 with the rain.

8 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

So they’re s is already over 54k without power in Pa and that’s only western pa?

The High Wind Warning says at the end of the text to expect widespread power outages.  Guess that's what's happening out west and unfortunately heading our way.

My peak wind gust for all of calendar 2018 was only 46mph.  I guess it's likely I'm going to exceed that between tonight and tomorrow morning.  Might be a tough night to sleep without ear plugs.

1 minute ago, CarlislePaWx said:

The High Wind Warning says at the end of the text to expect widespread power outages.  Guess that's what's happening out west and unfortunately heading our way.

My peak wind gust for all of calendar 2018 was only 46mph.  I guess it's likely I'm going to exceed that between tonight and tomorrow morning.  Might be a tough night to sleep without ear plugs.

Yep, I would expect that number to increase pretty rapidly as it crosses the state. The area where @djr5001 and I live loses power if someone farts loud enough. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I have a dilemma with my own trash cans. Tomorrow morning is our town trash pick up day, & I don’t want to put the trash cans out with the wind that is on the way!

I moved mine into garage. Lord knows everyone in the village will know where all the alcohol containers came from :wub:

though in anticipation of this wind, I took 22 pounds of beer cans to scrap yard yesterday