• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

I’m at 37.5”.   

Just read CTP’s morning disco and they’re really hitting the possible wind event on Sunday hard.  50kt winds are closing in on high wind warning criteria.  

Focus then shifts toward the potential of strong winds Sunday
PM, as trailing cold front sweeps through the area, allowing
strong winds associated with Grt Lks storm to mix to ground
level. This scenario of a powerful low passing north of Pa fits
the pattern we see with our strongest winds across central Pa
and a quick look at model 850mb winds suggest >50kt gusts are
possible. Have introduced the possibility of strong winds in the
HWO.

1 minute ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

I’m at 37.5”.   

Just read CTP’s morning disco and their really hitting the possible wind event on Sunday hard.  50kt winds are closing in on high wind warning criteria.  

Focus then shifts toward the potential of strong winds Sunday
PM, as trailing cold front sweeps through the area, allowing
strong winds associated with Grt Lks storm to mix to ground
level. This scenario of a powerful low passing north of Pa fits
the pattern we see with our strongest winds across central Pa
and a quick look at model 850mb winds suggest >50kt gusts are
possible. Have introduced the possibility of strong winds in the
HWO.

@canderson That's going to bring down the last remaining trees on Front Street...

• Haha 1

Earlier this morning in the previous thread I mentioned 3 time periods to watch coming up. 2/27, 3/2-3/3, and somewhere around 3/5-3/7. Of those 3 it appears that the 2 in early March might hold the most promise. Hopefully at least 1 of those works out because all indications point to an abrupt end to winter around 3/10.

Then again...has their ever been a winter with more chaos and uncertainty in the long range? 

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Earlier this morning in the previous thread I mentioned 3 time periods to watch coming up. 2/27, 3/2-3/3, and somewhere around 3/5-3/7. Of those 3 it appears that the 2 in early March might hold the most promise. Hopefully at least 1 of those works out because all indications point to an abrupt end to winter around 3/10.

Then again...has their ever been a winter with more chaos and uncertainty in the long range? 

and once winter is over we have April through July below average temps and back to back to back to back to back to back rain storms . I'll be poolside in my Carhart on July 4th trying to enjoy a Miller High Life and Root beer moonshine

46 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

He needs an Anemometer at his house

. Pro

I do. I could put it on my garage I guess - here is a photo out the back 2nd floor windows I took yesterday. Between my house and garage is a protected area so not good for anything - the other side of the garage is a parking area so no land there either. Any ideas?

IMG-1923.jpg 

21 minutes ago, canderson said:

I do. I could put it on my garage I guess - here is a photo out the back 2nd floor windows I took yesterday. Between my house and garage is a protected area so not good for anything - the other side of the garage is a parking area so no land there either. Any ideas?

IMG-1923.jpg 

climb that pole, put it on top :lol:

21 minutes ago, canderson said:

IMG-1923.jpg 

Right across from the dish would be my guess.

11 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

So those that like to read models...when going to check out the 12Z American LR just go ahead and pretend the GFS is not there/already decomissioned and use the FV3 because it is our latest and greatest and has to be the best (and will make you feel better than the old hag GFS).

240-288. LOLLLL!

17 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Lol Susky is going to be angry much of spring.

True that. Susky has been angry a lot since last summer. I believe the river has reached caution stage at Marietta at least once every month since last July. At least it seems like it. It was just within 3' or so of flood stage in the past week or two. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

True that. Susky has been angry a lot since last summer. I believe the river has reached caution stage at Marietta at least once every month since last July. At least it seems like it. It was just within 3' or so of flood stage in the past week or two. 

That's truly amazing to think about, this is been an absurdly wet cycle of seasons for sure. Hoping your thread gets us home with one more warning event!

5 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

That's truly amazing to think about, this is been an absurdly wet cycle of seasons for sure. Hoping your thread gets us home with one more warning event!

Honestly...truly...in March, if it's going to snow, then let's go big so we can enjoy it for at least 12 hours. 

I also am fully aware that with a few exceptions, if my area jackpots then most likely you and other posters up north and west will likely get screwed. (at least to some extent) That's what made 3/13/1993 so special...Philly got nearly 1' and pretty much statewide it was a bomb. 

If I was guaranteed at least a foot with mixing so that everyone else in this forum got hammered...sign me up right now. Besides, a big, phased monster would be awesome to track...

Can you all imagine what this website would be like if anything like '93 happened again?