Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/20-21 Snow to IP to Rain Obs for our 9th winter event of the year

ChescoWx

45 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Latest version of the snow pile - wound up kind of wet on the bottom due to latent heat in the driveway and the drizzle. Best snow pile of the winter here - looks like the snow piles of yore :lol:.

(Had a little bit of a base from last week's pile).

Snowpile_2-20-19_6pm.thumb.jpg.ffc713357451d9335b3103734f568e98.jpg

Holy cow!  Looks like the Great Pyramid in Egypt! :D

Ended up with 3.5" of snow here today in East Nantmeal in Chester County Pa 

February MTD snowfall is now up to 8.6" our snowiest February since the 9.6" that fell in 2016. Our seasonal snowfall is now up to 23.3" which is only 3.6" below our average snow to date here in Chester County. Our seasonal average snow is 36.2" here in the NW burbs of Philly.

Freezing rain is falling now with the temp up to 30.3 the high for the day....temps should continue to climb and get above freezing by later this evening. However a pretty good layer of ice has already begun to accrete on all surfaces.

Just now, KamuSnow said:

Lol...it will be interesting to see how long it will last. Lots of warm rain coming this weekend!

That's true, although that is a HUGE pile!  When I went shopping a couple days ago, I thought all of the last storm (which had a lot of sleet) was gone from the store parking lots but lo and behold, there were still some mini piles here and there.

ZR continues at a steady rate here in NW Chester County PA - temp continues to rise very slowly but already up to 0.20" of ice accretion (see attached pic) here across East Nantmeal Township. Looks like temps should rise above freezing by around 10pm. All surfaces including main roads above 550ft are icy. Below 550 ft roads are much better as temps seem to have just risen above the freezing mark.

2019-02-20 20.19.42.jpg

Lots of branches down across roads and powerlines.  Bottom of my street, I've seen these tall pines uprooted during heavy rainstorms.  Luckily just a couple branches down from this storm.  Still slick on untreated roads/sidewalks as of 5am.  Lots of fog too, visibility on 276 isnt great but no accidents between 29 and Jersey, yet. 

QSnxfNQ.jpg