Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS thread Feb 20-21, 2019

wdrag

2 hours ago, RU848789 said:

Have had intermittent light to moderate snow the last 90 minutes and we now have 2.1" of snow on the ground, as of 2:30 pm (0.6" in 90 minutes isn't great, but it's not zero either). Radar looks dried up for the next hour or so, will be interesting to see if the precip builds back up or not, while we still have enough cold air for snow/sleet.  Most models are showing sleet by 6 pm in the Edison area and then maybe a bit of ZR before the plain rain comes.  Let's see if we can eke out 3" total.  

That last nice little band brought me to 2.4".  Don't think I'm going to make my 2.75" prediction for my house, though, unless we get one last band to come through before the sleet, as we're now up to 30F and not much time left.  

1 minute ago, RU848789 said:

That last nice little band brought me to 2.4".  Don't think I'm going to make my 2.75" prediction for my house, though, unless we get one last band to come through before the sleet, as we're now up to 30F and not much time left.  

That was a nice band I was hoping it would keep going for awhile. 

24*, the wind has a southerly component to it when it blows, I've got tiny cylindrical flakes and mangled flakes falling, every now and then a burst of decent sized flakes will move through. What has fallen is a densely packed 1/2" that adhered pretty well to the existing ice pack so it's easy to walk again which is nice.