Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
WAA Snow/Mix/Obs Weds-Thurs 02/20-02/21

dryslot

36 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Either Ridgfield area or the N 1/3 of state could . 

meh, snow growth is terrible, under a nice band for a bit here and could only manage a dusting....not expecting much, as soon as the atmosphere finally saturates I am sure temps aloft will warm enough for sleet or rain...25.8°/20°

2 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Always curious as to your surroundings. Do you have any outside pics of your property you could share?

Snow stake at 43", would reach 47 by storm's end, tops for 16-17.  The 4-foot level is at the bottom of the full-width stripe, stripes 1" wide and 2" apart.
(Had to send in 2 messages due to incompetence - haven't figured how to compact images.)

IMG_0534.JPG

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Snow stake at 43", would reach 47 by storm's end, tops for 16-17.  The 4-foot level is at the bottom of the full-width stripe, stripes 1" wide and 2" apart.
(Had to send in 2 messages due to incompetence - haven't figured how to compact images.)

IMG_0534.JPG

Curious where you got your snow stake. How many do you have? I was thinking of putting 2-3 around our property. We are expecting 3-5 inches of snow beginning about 11pm with the evil twin, sleet, making another guest appearance. Plow crew at the ready. 

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Gosh darnit, it just wanna snow up der

It definitely does.

I could see this doing well with 3-4" of snow but I've seen these set-ups before and it's not about mixed precipitation.... but strong SW flow aloft can often "push" the better precipitation downstream into the NEK.  It downslopes off the Adirondacks into the Champlain Valley, and then the Greens cause a wave pattern to develop and the best QPF ends up falling quite a bit downwind of the actual Spine.

Like there will be good radar echos on composite developing over Mansfield and over Stowe Village but the best precipitation is falling another 5-10 miles east by the time it hits the ground.

• Like 1